cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharonldalton
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Home hub 4 constantly dropping out

Our Home Hub 4 drops out almost hourly, going to a flashing orange light, orange light, flashing light, blue. It does it a few times then seems alright for a while but goes again.

I’v done the BT's online troubleshooter/help thing which says there is a issue with our connection, then when it is diagnosing the problem, internet cuts out and I lose the troubleshooter and have to start over.

The fault is also present when I plug the filter directly into the master socket behind the face plate.

I’ve swapped filter to no avail.

I’ve dialled 17070 from the master socket and a ‘quiet line’ test is indeed quiet.

Incidentally the Vision box, which was always fine, now won’t work via the powerline Ethernet adapater but works hardwired with a cable. Is this likely to be connected to the poor Home hub reception or a separate issue?

Can anyone help please?
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Home hub 4 constantly dropping out

Hi @Sharonldalton Sorry your connection is dropping constantly.

Would you post your Hub Stats (open up a web browser and type 192.168.1.254 or BThomehub.home. Navigate to the 'Troubleshooting' Tab and then click on 'Helpdesk', you will then need to enter the admin password which can be found on the sticker on the back of BT Home Hub 4 and 5)

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Sharonldalton
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Hi John, thanks for getting back to me.  Is this the data you need:

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068340+NQ63821082
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.32.1.3 (Type A) Last updated 07/08/18
4. Board version:BT Hub 4A
5. ADSL uptime:0 days, 13:07:13
6. Bandwidth:888 / 14254
7. Data sent/received:431.1 MB / 2.0 GB
8. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
9. BT Wi-fi:Yes
10. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub4-N53Z
11. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
12. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA and WPA2
13. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
14. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub4-N53Z
15. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n (up to 300 Mb/s))
16. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. Firewall:Default
19. MAC Address:ac:84:c9:a3:f4:5a
20. VPI/VCI:0 / 38
21. Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
22. Latency type:Interleaved
23. Software variant:-
24. Boot loader:-
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

@Sharonldalton I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to look into the dropping connection problem. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

With regards to youview box not working via the powerline adapters I don't think that would be related, have you tried a factory reset on the powerline adapters as that may help?

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Sharonldalton
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Thank you - have sent a message via that link
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi @Sharonldalton,

Thanks for getting in touch with us through the Community.

I called you today on your land line and primary contact number but missed you. Are you free later this evening or over the weekend?

I can see the dropped connection that you're talking about. They're showing up to me as failed logon attempts. This may very well be the router but it could also be the micro-filter. Have you got a spare one to test for me? If you have tried this already please let me know.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Sharonldalton
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Presuming the micro filter is the bit that plugs into the phone socket, yes we’ve tried a couple of different ones.
Sharonldalton
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Apologies - yes we’re available tonight, and we’ll be in and out over the weekend
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Thank you @Sharonldalton.

I'll run a few tests this morning and get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Sharonldalton,

I tested your line both yesterday and again today. I can see that it's stable now and it looks as if our Dynamic Line Management (DLM) system has kicked in to help give you a stable service. Have you noticed an improvement? If you still have problems let me know as I'll need to book an engineer visit. Please make sure you've carried out all checks mentioned at Engineer charges. It will help make sure that there will be no chance of being charged for the visit.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings