Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
iWalden92
Contributor
Message 1 of 24

HomeHub 3 Wireless connection issue

Go to solution

Hi, I originally used a Netgear router but was advised by the BT Openreach engineer who fixed the telephone line to use the HomeHub 3 as it is supposed to provide a better connection. I have used the wireless for the past 24 hours without any problems, but when I went to use my computer this morning I was greeted with this window.

Capture.JPG

I have double checked my security key and that is correct and I tried my other computer that is connected wireless and it has the same message. I'm still able to access the internet but I don’t know why this is happening as I have never had this problem with my Netgear router.

Is there something wrong with my HomeHub 3? 

Thanks, Alex

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
iWalden92
Contributor
Message 2 of 24

Re: HomeHub 3 Wireless connection issue

Go to solution

Hi, I have just tried to use my other computer and it is showing the same window from the previous post but now I'm unable to connect to the internet. I have tried removing the wireless network from the computer and reconnection, after I enter the wireless key the computer asks for additional information and a window appears asking for a username & password. This is also happening on my mum's laptop.  

I was told that the BT HomeHub 3 offered the best wireless service when I joined but at the moment I disagree as my old Netgear router never had this problem with any of my devices. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

can I ask if you installed the cd that came with the hub?  it is known that the cd often causes problems with wireless connections and the forum recommecndation is to uninstall it and let windows manage the connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
iWalden92
Contributor
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution
I didn't install the software on any of my machines. Two of them are running Vista with the latest updates installed and the other machine is running windows 7 with the latest updates installed.

All three are using the default wireless manager and I'm using a WPA2 key.
0 Ratings
iWalden92
Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution
I'm also hesitant to restart the HomeHub as I'm currently in the 10 day training period
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

another suggestion is to change the wireless from default b/g/n to just b/g which may help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

here is a link from google  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090217132811AAsUvcd

0 Ratings
iWalden92
Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

I've already tried that Smiley Sad

I used to use the HomeHub when I moved from TalkTalk but I had these problems with it before that is why I switched to my old netgear router. When I told the engineer this he said that he would request a replacement HomeHub and that someone from BT would call me to arrange it, but no one has called me yet.

I have previously tried:

• Restarting the HomeHub
  • Changing wireless channel
  • Changing wireless key
  • Changing wireless security type
  • Changing wireless SSID
  • Changing wireless interface type
  • Disable wireless security
  • Factory resetting HomeHub
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

Open network and sharing centre, click on manage wireless connections and check to see if you've got multiple saved connections for the same hub... (BTHomeHub3-****)

If you have, delete any that aren't WPA2, reboot the laptop and see if the problem has gone.

(You could delete them all and start a new wireless connection to the hub)

edit. I too had this the other day with my hub3 when is was tweaking the wireless encryption

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
iWalden92
Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution
I have already tried that without any success Smiley Sad

I don't know why it is doing this with the HomeHub and not with my Netgear router which I had connected wirelessly without any problems.
0 Ratings