cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ZetJester
Message 1 of 4

HomeHub3- Frequently drops broadband

I have recieved a new BtHomehub3 Recently and the setup went fine, however it frequently drops the broadband (randomly while surfing comes to the homehubs troubleshooting wizard saying there is problems with the broadband and the flashing orange light). Although I think the problem behind this is I've had to keep the old HomeHub2 setup alongside the hub3 so we can get use of the bt home phones as the hubphones arent compatible with the hub3, so when theHub3 cuts out the old Hub2 cuts back in (blue boradband light on the old hub), and was wondering how I can disable the broadband on the hub2 permanently or have the Hubphones running independently from the actual hub if you know what I mean or what I can do about it...

Edit: Ive Just learnt that even with the Hub2 turned off and disconnected from the adsl filter the Hub3 still cuts out on broadband so tbh I have no idea whats wrong with it now, possibly something to do with the hub3?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: HomeHub3- Frequently drops broadband

I think your problem may be that you cannot have two broadband hubs connected to the line at the same time.  This is why when one cuts out the other one cuts in, I would just stick with the Hub 2 if you want the phone.

0 Ratings
ZetJester
Message 3 of 4

Yeah that's what I thought it was at first too, but sometimes even with the hub2 turned off and disconnected the hub3 still drops the broadband so I'm starting to think its something to do with the new hub. But still thanks for your reply, Ill leave the Hub2 Disconnected today and see if we have anymore trouble with it.

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

You could always try plugging into the test socket with just one of the hubs and see how it fares in there?

fibreendfp2.jpg

0 Ratings