cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magnetron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: HomeHub6 constant restarts

I have seen the term Power Reset in the log of my Hub6 too and it is nothing to do with either power cycling or turning the supply to it off. I haven't been able to find out what it actually means but think it is a reset forced from the BT side for some reason unknown.

Can anyone explain what it really is ?

The longest my Hub6 has ever stayed up without a reboot from the BT side is just over 14 days. That also used to happen with the Hub5 and it had an entry in the log of Open RG caused a restart or similar.

Prior to firmware B522 my Hub6 rebooted every few days or so but now seems to have settled down. One thing I did notice on the previous firmware was that the TR69 log had corrupted characters in it. That is now resolved.

0 Ratings
Magnetron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Sorry posted in error !

0 Ratings
DeyrickG
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 16

Had similar reboot with our BT hub, they just do it for no apparent reason triggered from the exchange end.

Problem is after a few of these resets it dumps your connection back down to dial up speeds and takes ages with a good connection for it to get back up to speed and then the cycle starts again.

0 Ratings
Magnetron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

It's very strange, mine can run for 14 days without a reboot then it will reboot up to 3 times in the next 24 hours and be stable again after that. The sync speeds and the noise margin don't change, there is no obvious loss of the DSL link due to interference. Whatever a Power Reset is and the reason for it I agree it seems to be from the exchange end.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

@DeyrickG

if the hub is resetting and you are reconnecting at a lower speed and higher noise margin then that is not the same as the people who suffer the 14 reset  The 14 reset reconnects at the same speed and noise margin so your drops in connection suggest an actual connection problem and nothing to do with the 14 day resets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
DeyrickG
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 16

Was not at lower speed, higher SNR.

We are currently waiting for them to sort out the Infinity 2 FTTP fiasco for us, has been 3 months since order now.

Considering Fibre network was fully installed and tested last July round here (I was talking to the engineers that did it), it did not get offered to us until December, very poor service, then it took 2 months for them to fix a dead splitter.

Now awaiting a new Fibre To Pole to be installed as the first one was left too short and after a couple of attempts at splicing to the internal, it could not reach anymore, nothing the engineer could do.

Considering a neighbour across the road ordered first week in Feb and was up and running 28th Feb, we are feeling a bit left out in the cold to put it mildly.

0 Ratings