cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

How do i request a line reset

Hi everyone, I currently have a smart hub 2 and for the last year i get drop outs and speeds down to 0.3Mbps.

I have had loads of line faults that have been fixed, and all was good until about 2 weeks ago and its started slow speeds again as above, I was advised to try a new router so i went all out and purchased a tp-link ax11000 (overkill !! but future proof) and used the smart hub as a modem, which is great but made no difference as in I still keep getting the massive drops in speed, when i restart the hub all is good again for a while..

I cannot see the hub 4 making any difference as two smart hubs have made no change, but you never know

Anyway I have noticed the max data and the actual are miles apart, and whilst i accept i will never get 19Mbps I was getting around 15Mbps when the line was repaired.

They are sending me a home hub 4 to see if that resolves the problem but is there any chance i can get the line reset to restore my speeds to what i should be getting, the guy on the end of the phone was very pleasant but told me that he couldnt do it . However I am sure its been done many times via a phone call (memory probs)

Data rate:1.223 Mbps / 9.726 Mbps

Maximum data rate:1.167 Mbps / 19.184 Mbps

Noise margin:8.0 / 19.9

Line attenuation:17.9 / 31.5

Signal attenuation:17.7 / 34.6

VPI/VCI:0/38

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: How do i request a line reset

until you can get a stable connection any reset would be pointless.  You need to solve the problem of your dropping connection and if on adsl2+ then your connection should improve automatically in 7/10 days. However any drops and you start timescale again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you. Do the stats look ok?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Due to the instability of your connection this has resulted in a very high noise margin - normal about 6db - causing a reduction in your connection speed.  Once you can get stable connection then nois emargin should start to reduce with corresponding increase in speed nearer attainable speed. Your noise margin may even go down to 3db on very stable connection giving further boost to speed - but need stable connection first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

your a star. Thanks. I will keep this updated for others

0 Ratings