cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
art-tech-uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 123 of 130

How long do i have to go without broadband before BT are breaking their contract?

slow broadband for 3 months and now no broadband at all. How long before BT are braking this contract?

SLOW SLOW BT CONGESTED EXCHANGE THAT I SEEM STUCK WITH HOWEVER AT PEEK TIMES WHEN I HIT A VERY SLOW 1MB ON MY BT LAND LINE THAT COST ME AN ARM AND A LEG I CAN JUST DISCONNECT FROM IT AND CONNECT TO NEXT DOORS VIRGIN MEDIA UNSECURED D-LINK ROUTER AND GET A 2.6 CONNECTION. HOW ???????????????????? AND WHY????????????????? IF ITS CONGESTED HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE OR DO VIRGIN PAY BT A **bleep** LOAD OF MONEY.
0 Ratings
129 REPLIES 129
Highlighted
art-tech-uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 130

Is or does BT Throttle its customers at evenings and nights?

My bb is 8mb unlimited and i would say i was an average user that could probably go with a 20gb limit but i hate limits.

i want to know why i get 6.9gb down in the daytime but only 2.8gb down in the evenings.

if BT are throttling me then i want a refund and i also want out of any contract because i pay for the unlimited 8mb because that's what i signed up to.

Now bt have been good as far as i get no disconnections but my bb has been slow for awhile now and i put it down to wifi interference like power cables etc after all its all providers want to tell us now days.
anyway i hooked the pc up with a lan cable now and it is still slow and i want to know why.

SLOW SLOW BT CONGESTED EXCHANGE THAT I SEEM STUCK WITH HOWEVER AT PEEK TIMES WHEN I HIT A VERY SLOW 1MB ON MY BT LAND LINE THAT COST ME AN ARM AND A LEG I CAN JUST DISCONNECT FROM IT AND CONNECT TO NEXT DOORS VIRGIN MEDIA UNSECURED D-LINK ROUTER AND GET A 2.6 CONNECTION. HOW ???????????????????? AND WHY????????????????? IF ITS CONGESTED HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE OR DO VIRGIN PAY BT A **bleep** LOAD OF MONEY.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 130

Re: Is or does BT Throttle its customers at evenings and nights?

If your connection is slower at night it suggests that you have congestion on your exchange and there is little you ot your ISP can do unless your download speed drops below the acceptable limit shown when you prun the diagnostic test on btspeedtester

Wholesale check exchanges and do upgrade the VP but there is no schedule published

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 130

BT do not throttle speeds the unlimited relates to the amount of data you download per month not your speed
speeds are sold as up to it sound like you may be suffering from exchange congestion which will be affecting all ISP's not just BT all you can do for now is wait while your exchange is upgraded by BT Wholesale from the speeds you have posted you are currently within acceptable limits set by BT Wholesale
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 130

is there anything shown here for your exchange http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
art-tech-uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 130

My exchange seems fine and ive just done a speed test.

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 2.82 Mbps

0 Mbps7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.82 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your Broadband Service Provider.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your Broadband Service Provider for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 130

As you can see from the results your download speed is well above wholesale acceptable limit

0 Ratings
art-tech-uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 130

yes acceptable limit is 0.6 for a 8mb conection thats the level of BS we have to deal with. 0.6 is acceptable to who??

i pay for 8mb BT can shove 0.6 where the sun dont shine.

0 Ratings
art-tech-uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 130

were has that "neil obrain" the mod gone
imjolly i got nowhere with you last time i post here so may aswell save your keboard.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 130

you will get the same speeds from any other ISP at the moment until the VP's are upgraded which is done on a rolling maintenance plan by BT Wholesale there is nothing BT Retail your ISP can do
0 Ratings