cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

How much would it cost to get fttp installed

Go to solution

Hi,

I live in a rural area where my nearest exchange is 2.5km away. My broadband is ok but i am sick of being behind. All areas around me have fttp rollout dates but my area does not. I have read the rollout saying fttp will be rolled out to rural hard to reach areas but hardly call the cities they have rollout to rural. The road i live down is weird, the top end has 80mb speeds and steady lines but where i live lucky to get a steady connection. Engineers have been multiple times and just say it the distance from box but yet one engineer say it will be the cable which they wont replace. When i first moved in 2 years ago i was sat nicely on 50mb now lucky to get a third of that. So i just wanted to know how much is it to get fttp installed how much would i have to pay for sweet bliss, fast downloads and a steady connection

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: How much would it cost to get fttp installed

Go to solution

In a nutshell, tens of thousands of pounds construction costs plus horrendous monthly charges even if you could get somebody to supply FTTPoD.

Message 3 of 3

Re: How much would it cost to get fttp installed

Go to solution

@licquorice yep spot on. In most cases fibre has to be blown to the correct length as well. It's not cheap.

0 Ratings