cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: I think we get our sky channels through the phone line. A...

Sky channels come through lead from your Sky dish and the phone line is need for any PPV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Oh ok  but last time I disconnected the box from the phone line the channels started cutting out regurlaly and I had to keep restarting the box 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

my sky hd box is not connected to the phone line and never have any channel problems and I have multiroom

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 14 of 20

hmm it just said that no signal was being recieved on the tv when it did cut out. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 15 of 20

Wind moved your dish?

(Although with BSkyB transponder power, a dustbin lid in the right direction will pick up Sky)

0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Not sure, we live in a rural area, and it is usually quite rainy/windy. But it only seems to disconnect when not connected to phone cable. When it is, it's fine.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 17 of 20

Connecting the phone line whilst seeing the on screen error will prove it either way ....

One thing's for sure ... it ain't the sat, its geo-stationary orbit is still at 28.2 degrees east.    🙂

(funny story)

~ Although my mate had a problem with his sky .... every morning whilst watching Sky News a cockerel from the adjacent farm would sit on his dish arm, next to the low noise blocker, and often excrete on said LNB, and it took him a fortnight to find the cause .... which was sorted secretly one morning, with the aid of a Theoben Rapid 7 at 60ft lbs muzzle velocity.

And now he gets a lie-in as well as improved sat reception.!    🙂

When needs must ....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 20

if you disconnect the sky box from the power supply is will give a 'telephone not connected error' but just ignore that and continue on and channels work fine.  if you are having connection drops then check the signal strength and quality using the remote

0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

When you say power supply do you mean phone cable or actual electricity?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 20

my phone is never connected so when I sometimes need to reset the sky box by switching power off and then on again it boots up and first thing it says is telephone line not connected.  I just ignore it and continue on to the menu

0 Ratings