Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Monkeyspaz5000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

How to have IP Profile reset?

OK - I've been having an ongoing fauly for about 1-2 weeks with a lot of disconnects/noise on the phone line.
This in turn has dropped my IP profile which is to be expected.

Engineer came today (2nd engineer this week) and finally resolved the issue!

My question is how to I get the IP Profile reset?
Engineer saidf phone BT, BT said they won't do it - Openreach would do it and the engineer should have?!

I'm a little lost here as to who should do it/How do I go about getting it reset?

Any help appreciated!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: How to have IP Profile reset?

can you post the stats from your router/hub please

your profile should correct itself automatically give 3/5 days stable connection if adsl or immediately if adsl2

your profile is based on your connection speed not the other way round so you need to get connection speed back to 'normal'  and profile will follow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Monkeyspaz5000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

OK - the only reason I asked is that I have had an issue in the past where the IP profile appeared to be 'stuck' and a reset was required.

So I simply just leave everything connected etc for 3-5 days and see if it adjusts.

If it doesn't?

Line used to sync at 12.7, and is currently at 9.7, but this is simply due to the issue and amount of disconnects I've been having. (now resolved)

0 Ratings
Monkeyspaz5000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

What info would you like to see from the router?

I don't use a BT Hub, I have a Netgear D7000.
I know my way around it, so can get what's required.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

from your connection speed you are on adsl2/2+ so your profile should be correct for your connection speed - profile 88.2% of connection speed

what is the current down noise margin? presumably above 6db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Monkeyspaz5000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Link Rate9727 Kbps828 Kbps
Line Attenuation38.5 dB21.8 dB
Noise Margin6.9 dB5.9 dB

Prior to the issue with the noisy phone line I was syncing at 12.7 down.

0 Ratings
Monkeyspaz5000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Looking back when I used to sync at 12.7 I had a noise margin of 3.2dB  on the downstream.

Not sure if that means anything?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

your noise margin is above the normal 6db but if you previously had a good stable connection before the line problem then it ois more than likely your noise margin had been reduced to 3db which is how you managed the 12.7mb sync speed  If your line is now stable then that speed should return as DLM reduces your noise margin down to the new norm of 3db for good stable conenctions on adsl2

Monkeyspaz5000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Excellent, thanks.

I'll stay connected for 3-5 days and see what happens!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

the 3/5 days was for adsl profile to reset   it may take longer for DLM to drop your noise margin especially down to 3db but maintaining a stable conenction is the way it will happen

0 Ratings