cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marc82
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: Hub 4 causes interference to landline.

Bottom far right, the one where you can just slide the faceplate off, no screws.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

then disconnect the front plate and connect filter to the test socket you can now see.  then connect the hub and phone to filter and try quiet line test and see if making a call disconnects the hub or there is noise on your line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

Like this

nte 5c testing from test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
marc82
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

I have tired putting the micro filter into the test socket before and the problem persisted. Having said that the line has been clear today with no  noise or broadband drops. The only difference is that the weather is significantly cooler today, can that cause faults? Because now i think back this all started on those scorching hot days a few weeks ago.

0 Ratings
marc82
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Just an update.

Now the crackling noise on the phone line is comming directly through the test socket, even if the BB is switched off.

I phoned bt and they did a line test, again showing nothing was wrong. They did however book an engineer visit for wensday. so hopfully they can get to the bottom of this.

0 Ratings
marc82
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

The BT engineer arrived today at 8am and didnt leave until 2pm. He could'nt find the fault, but spent ages rewiring my phone line in all those green boxes you see in the street, all the way back to the exchange. He said that the network in my area was so old that it belongs in a museum. My hpne line does sound clearer now, but my internet pings have gone up. He told me to keep an eye on it for a week, and if the problem returns or if i get slow internet, i have to ask bt to send out a special engineer investigator to try and solve the problem.

fingers crossed.

0 Ratings