cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 34

Re: Hub strange behaviour

That sound like the one where Keith suggested using a tp-link wifi switch to take the wifi strain of the hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 34

yes please that would help pictures always help
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Damo86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 34

Hi, it has done it again last night. only 2 phones surfing the internet, the signal was terrible, awfully slow(my vodafone data connection was faster) I noticed the events went up quite a lot. I will post the link to the pics soon as I have them in my phone. So do you think it would be good to buy a switch?

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:    0/38
Type:    PPPoA
Modulation:    G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:    Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):    2.9 dB / 6.3 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):    12.4 dB / 7.8 dB
Output power (Down/Up):    20.0 dBm / 11.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):    0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):    50 / 32
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):    382 / 7
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):    44 / 0

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 34

hi the connection time and connection speed is very important to post with you stats other wise the rest of the results do not mean much
0 Ratings
Damo86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 34

thought it didn't matter but here it is

Line state:    Connected
Connection time:    0 days, 09:42:39
Downstream:    21.27 Mbps
Upstream:    1.105 Mbps

pure awesome

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 34

for 9hrs connected your errors are very low and should not be causing a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 34

hi those details are very important as they show any changes in connection time or speed they also help in deciding if the errors are ok or not
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 34

Taking a read of this thread, I would say that your problem is simply a wireless issue. It could be something interfering like a video sender, or simply wireless congestion due to too many wireless access points nearby.

You could look at some of the hints here

Wireless connection problems

If the WiFi on the phones is fine when you are very close to the home hub, but is poor when you move away, then its probably interference.

0 Ratings
Damo86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 34

The thing is that I didn't have this problem before, it started happening this week. today when i woke up me and my brother put our phone's wifi on to see what would happen and we didn't have any issue. We tried at night and then it went to hell again. I'm not sure what could it be as I didn't add any new devices at home or anything.I mean if this hub cannot handle 2 wifi connections at night after 12 when the line is supposed to be quiet then its got sometihng wrong.

Don't you think? The only thing I can do now is try that app you guys mentioned earlier to find out an appropiate wifi channel or try to connect one of my old D-link or netgear routers to see if they work any better than this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 34

as Keith has posted it is most likely an external source that is causing your problem that has been turned on recently including a hidden hub nearby with out trying insidder2.1 there is no way of telling it is most likely wireless interference nearby causing the problem
0 Ratings