Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianbru
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

INTERNET DISCONNECTS WHENEVER HOUSE PHONE RINGS

Hi

Whenever my phone rings my internet disconnects with a flashing orange light on my router. After the calls ends the router eventually connects again.

I have replaced the adsl filter,  with no difference. 

Could a mod please help me.

I'm worried the daily resets will reduce my speed.  

thank you

Help | A-Z
homeservicessettingstroubleshooting
WirelessBroadbandHome NetworkPort ForwardingSystemBasic Settings
InternetConnectionVPNDynamic DNSIPv6 Status
ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 05:33:28
Downstream:4.74 Mbps
Upstream:882 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):3.1 dB / 4.6 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):56.4 dB / 34.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):1406841 / 47718
CRC Events (Down/Up):163 / 511

More details

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.37 (Type A) | Time and date 17:25 05/05/14

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: INTERNET DISCONNECTS WHENEVER HOUSE PHONE RINGS

are you connected to test socket?  if not can you connect to test socket and try phoning you phone with mobile and see if that still drops your broadband connection?  does the connection also drop when you make calls.

If the connection still drops in test socket whether outgoing or not then you have a high resistence fault and you need to report a phone fault to 151 with no mention of broadband.  once this is fixed your broadband should be ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 3 of 12

Hello Mr Jolly, looking at your reply to the above, could you please advise what the poster should actually say when ringing 151 to report the fault  i.e. should he actually say there's a high resistant joint as i'm just wondering, if it's best to not mention anything about broadband how can one explain what the fault actually is?  The reason for me asking, is that the same prob happens to me and if it continues I shall remember your advise and follow it up with a call to 151.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

You can say you were on the forum and were advised from your fault description that you had a high resistence fault and you need a phone engineer not a broadband engineer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ljm
Expert
Message 5 of 12

Thanks very much imjolly for your reply.
0 Ratings
woodmass14
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

I also have this problem that has been going on for around a year now, 3 engineer visits and no fix, i had to eventually disconnect my phone as it caused so much speed issues

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hello imjolly my problem is exactly the same as the other person you were helping, seems this is a problem for alot of folk and not very good service is it!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

@ crystal_jolly76

you also need to call BT faults on 151 and report the problem
you have to remember there many dozens of joints between your home and the exchange and it only takes one to cause the problem also it is not a BT problem the network is operated and maintained by Openreach for all phone and broadband providers and high resistance joints affect all providers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

@crystal_jolly76 wrote:

Hello imjolly my problem is exactly the same as the other person you were helping, seems this is a problem for alot of folk and not very good service is it!

I have replied to you on your own thread. Before contacting 151 I would try test socket first - check your own thread

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 10 of 12

Could someone please tell me briefly and in simple terms what is a 'high resistance joint'?
0 Ratings