Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gaclapham
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

About a month ago our speed unexpectidly cut down to 2mb from 6mb we had been getting for several years even before switching to BT. Finally had a chance to test it out (since every one else was out at the same time and I could test it properly). I tried differnet routers, different PC's, 2 different micro filters and all the sockets in the house. I went to the BT speed test website again and loaded a lot of youttube videos at the same so I coudl ge the option to test using speedtest@speedtest_domain to check if it was really an issue on the line and I noticed that it said

Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

So I found out that if I post on here a moderator will help fix the issue. So I ask please mr/mrs/miss moderator please can you reset our IP Profile so we can back to normal.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

You need post the adsl stats from your router to show you have 3+ days connection time to show connection stable and the automatic system has had a chance to reset the profile automatically. The mods will help but need stable connection

yiu need to stop resetting tbe router as that just makes it worse

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gaclapham
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

So i was going to post this this morning that the router had been on for over a week and was stable and going to ask the mods to sort this out but we had two power cuts, one at 8:13 and one at 8:18 am (dam weather) do we have to wait another 3 days minimum or can a mod fix it anyway?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

you need to show 3 days stable connection otherwise manual intervention would be pointless if your router keeps resetting.  the profile would be back to 2mb in no time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gaclapham
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Ok I waited my 3+ days

ADSL Line Status

Connection Information

Line state:

Connected

Connection time:

3 days, 10:00:56

Downstream:

7.938 Mbps

Upstream:

448 Kbps

Is there any otherthing I need to post or will a moderator just fix the issue?

Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

The mods will post a contact us link. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

Message 7 of 7

Hi gaclapham,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that your broadband speed has been slower recently than what it should be at.  No need to worry as I can help get you sorted from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers

Robbie