Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pagsmacd
Message 1 of 16

IP Profile is set at less than the 'Max Achievable speed'

Hi,

I've moved to a rural area and the BB speed is not up to much. However, running the BT Wholesale speed test shows that we have currently 2.8MB~ and an IP Profile of 3MB, but that the line has a max achievable of 7.15MB. I work from home and 2.8MB isn't always enough to allow me to join international video calls/presentations so having closer to 7MB would be a Godsend. 

Does the IP Profile cap the max speed and can I do anything abut that with them?

2016-01-22_0947.png

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Boudges
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: IP Profile is set at less than the 'Max Achievable speed'

the 7.15mbps is just telling you that you are on adsl max and that 7.15 is the max speed you can achieve on adsl max. You speed 2.8 is acceptable for your ip profile

If you liked a post, please click on the 'Ratings star' on the left hand side of the post.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number 

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

this will show estimates of what is available to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pagsmacd
Message 5 of 16

I have a home hub 5, where do I look for the ADSL stats? Can't obviously see it when I log in

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

tye troubleshooting then helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pagsmacd
Message 7 of 16

5. DSL uptime:0 days, 02:19:38
6. Data rate:448 / 3776
7. Maximum data rate:1040 / 3968
8. Noise margin:19.0 / 11.2
9. Line attenuation:31.5 / 53.0
10. Signal attenuation:31.5 / 51.9
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

can you run the dslchecker and post results please

your stats show now margin high at 11.2db as normal about 6db  conenction time only 2hrs was that manual reset?

0 Ratings
pagsmacd
Message 9 of 16

Only 2 hours as I was trying another socet. We transfered our BB to the current number in November. How do I runthe dslchecker?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

just click on the link I posted earlier and enter your phone number

0 Ratings