cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Glenstag89
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

IP Profile on my line - how do I get this removed?

Hi Everyone,

From reading similar posts on the community I seem to have a ip profile set on my adsl line.

As a newbie do I have to contact a moderator with the following info in regard to my ip profile removal,

I used to have approx. 5.5mbps and now have currently  2.65 mbps.

Many thanks in advance,

Rory

Bt Hub 5 stats as below :

1. Product name:BT Business Hub
2. Serial number:+076399+NQ41756661
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.256 (Type A) Last updated 07/03/18
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. Broadband connection:Connected
6. Mobile connection:Not connected
7. Connection uptime :0 days, 03:54:00
8. Data rate:1022 / 3070
9. Maximum data rate:19997 / 9208
10. Noise margin:6.2 / 18.0
11. Line attenuation:20.4 / 39.7
12. Signal attenuation:20.4 / 37.3
13. Data sent/received:

8.8MB / 107.7 MB

Adsl Info:

BT Exchange Info-1.jpgBt Exchange Info

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: IP Profile on my line - how do I get this removed?

you cannot remove the ip profile  the profile is a function of your connection speed so as your connection speed changes so does your profile

the one stat missing is internet connection time - not system up time - as you are currently in abanded profile due to either router dropping connection often or manual resets to try and improve speed or a combination of both

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Glenstag89
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks for your reply  CL imjolly.

After more research from the community posts I'll need to leave the Bt Hub 5 on so DLM can do it's business over the coming weeks, all my own fault so hopefully no power cuts.

Many thanks,

Rory

BT speed Test:

Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.65 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 2.71 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.83Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

BTHub Info:

DNS Servers:

Auto

Connection time:

0 days, 04:49:35

Data Transmitted/Received:

13.5 MB / 128.1 MB

Connection Information

Line state:

Connected

Downstream:

3.07 Mbps

Upstream:

1.022 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

if you can maintain a stable connection for 3/5 days then banding should start to release with noise margin starting to reduce and speed increasing  may take a couple of steps but just remain connected - no manual resets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.