cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramones112
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

IP Profile stuck and an issue constantly reoccurring

Ok we are getting sick of this now! This problem has been happening over a year now!! I've posted about it before and when we think it's fixed it'll just happen again. Our internet and other peoples internet (yes other people too!) is just constantly dropping out. I've been on the phone to tech support and they have been utter useless and just blame it on us. Its BT's fault not ours. One day not too long ago an engineer came out for the FIRST TIME IN SEVEN YEARS to have a look at the connection in the box thing between our house and the exchange and he says the connection speed is dreadfull. We are on ADSL and we should be getting 8Mbit/s right? Yeah i know I'm right. Its never gone higher.
This is our current speed
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3805869438.png
Its disgusting and we pay £40 a month for this **bleep**!
We know there is nothing wrong with our house connection because other people are getting the problem along our street too. Every time someone makes a phone call out so someone else on their landline it cuts off the whole street!
I have checked every single connection in our house. Replaced all the wires and even replaced the modem and nothing has worked!
Here is some more info:

ADSL Line Status

Connection Information

Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 05:08:47
Downstream: 7.938 Mbps
Upstream: 448 Kbps

ADSL Settings

VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type: Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up): 13.9 dB / 31.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 4.2 dB / 1.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 11.9 dBm / 12.5 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 9652 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up): 1 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up): 3 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 895 / 759

Also I want the IP profile reset as you can see below. I just bought a game that has just come out which I have been waiting for for a very long time and can't download it. FYI its a 35GB game and Ive downloaded about 1.4GB in the last 4 days!

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.81 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.2 Mbps-1 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1 Mbps

FIX IT BT!!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: IP Profile stuck and an issue constantly reoccurring

you have an 8mb connection which is as fast as you can get on adslmax.  your conenction time is only 5hrs is that due to manual reset or router dropping conenction?

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ramones112
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Router dropping connection. Weird, seems like everytime I mention this it suddenly goes back to normal...So I am going to log every time it goes down again.

Telephone Number *********** on Exchange ILMINGTON is served by Cabinet 3

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available
Fixed Rate2----Available

I know that it's not us because the engineer who came out told my dad its to with a connection underground between the exchange and the box thingy. Also are mods able to up the upload speed somehow? I post videos on youtube and takes 4 hours to upload a 300mb file.

0 Ratings
ramones112
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Its gone down AGAIN! My computer is the only thing connected to the modem so it cant be anything else taking over the bandwidth. It shot up to the max speed for about 5 minutes and dropped down to 1.4Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

can you run btspeedtester diagnostic test and post results please

do you mean the profile had corrected itself but your internet dropped and now profile lower?

did anyone make or receive a call as you say line drops on calls?

is quiet line test quiet  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet no hiss/crackle and best with corded phone  if cordless the dull hum normal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ramones112
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

It took my 15 minutes to get back to this forum post. That's how slow it's gotten now. It took me an hour to watch a 15 minute youtube video....so STILL no change in speeds. It's problably disconnected another 60 times since my last post (No exaggeration). Still paying rediculous money for such a filthy connection. It drops when someone makes an outgoing and incoming call on our landline. Like I said. Its affecting our whole street. It'll say it's fine for you guys going to the exchange but if you came to my house and tested it you'd really how bad this is. speedtest dot net cant even tell me the download speed its that slow. so I dont see how the bt tester would even work if everything else fails.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

if connection drops everytime you make or receive a call then that sounds like a high resistance fault and you need to report a phone fault to 151 with no mention of broadband

0 Ratings
ramones112
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

And yes it did correct itself back up to full speed for about 5 minutes then the speed cut in half again. the only people who use the internet connection in our home is my dads misses who rarely even browses the internet. Me who is at the computer most of the time which is why  im the only one who has noticed this nonsence and my brother is playing his games. games take up about a fifth of the bandwidth. i know because i play video games quite alot. browsing the internet takes up barely anything so there should be loads more bandwidth but there isnt. I keep getting 4000 ping on games when i should be getting 30ping

0 Ratings
ramones112
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

So what should I say to them because every time i ring up and tell them they say everything is fine.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

you have been on  the forum and your connection drops everytime you make or receive a call so youi have been told that it is a high resistance fault  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/connectionprobs.htm

0 Ratings