Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidW123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

IP Profile stuck at 2Mbps with DSL Connection Rate 8Mbps

Go to solution

Hello,

I have had a speed issue with my BT Broadband for the last 3/4 months now. After calling BT 4 times and speaking to a number of different advisors I was informed there was a 'cap' on my line, they would take action to resolve this and in 10 days I should see an improvement on my broadband speed.

I am 4 hours away from the 10 day period with no improvement, but after reading the posts in this forum I believe the issue may be a stuck IP profile.

Below are the results from the BT Wholesale speed test and my router stats

2013-07-25 09-37 - BTW Speet Test.PNG

2013-07-25 09-37 - Router Stats.PNG

It looks like I have the same performance stats as the person in this post, whose issue appears to be resolved by the mods.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/IP-Profile-changed-from-7Mbps-down-to-2Mbps/td...

I really do not want to have to call BT again, as I have been on the phone with them for over an hour each time performing checks (turning off other devices, unplugging and moving the home hub, connecting the home hub directly to the test socket, etc.)

I am desperately seeking a resolution, any suggestions?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: IP Profile stuck at 2Mbps with DSL Connection Rate 8Mbps

Go to solution

your profile is stuck at 2mb and when mods read your post they will contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum 🙂 This should be a relatively easy fix once we get your details. If you check my profile you should see a "contact us" link - fill out this form and we'll get back to you over the course of the next few days with an update on what's going on 😉

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DavidW123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Dean, I have sent you a message via the route you advised

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

please update when mods get profile fixed- always good for forum to see positive outcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
0 Ratings
DavidW123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Hi Dean, IP profile has now been upped to 7.15Mbps.

Much better. Thanks for all your help!
David
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Great positive outcome

0 Ratings