cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericnel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: IP Profile stuck at 2mbit vs 3.2 DSL for 18 days - can it be bumped up to 2.5 please

Go to solution

Done - tx both.

Getting the IP Profile back up will be great (2.5 is streaming friendy - 2 is not)

As an aside, at 9db I sometkmes get a dstream big enough to get 3mbit IP profile but often not. At 6db I always get 3mbit - but I get disconnects every few days but that is fine. Is there any way to "lock" me at 6db?

Or I gather there is a way to get a IP Profile which is a % rather than banded. That again could give me better than 2.5. Is that possible for my exchange? (Its going superfast at the moment but apparently we are too  far away ... no cabinet, just wire to the exchange underground)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Re: IP Profile stuck at 2mbit vs 3.2 DSL for 18 days - can it be bumped up to 2.5 please

Go to solution
The % profile system only applies to ADSL2+ not ADSL MAX which you are on use this checker and post back the results editing out your phone number http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

You need to be on 21CN beofre you get on the new profile system. Enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

You can't lock your noise margin as the DLM will eventually take over and it will revert back to automatic

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ericnel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks both. Looks like I'm "old school" 🙂

Exchange CASTLETON is served by Cabinet 3

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

ADSL MaxUp to 1--0.75 to 2.5Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

looks like it no adsl2 or FTTC shown

0 Ratings