Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjv
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

IP profile reset request

Go to solution

Hi, please could a mod arrange for an IP profile reset on my line and switch the latency to 'fast'?

BT did some work on the local exchange at the beginning of this year (forgetting to tell anyone beforehand!) which resulted in the superbly reliable 2110 router no longer working - now I have a Hub 5, but the upload connection has dropped back to 448 and the download is only around 3.9, despite the connection being stable and the stats indicating a lot more speed should be available - as it used to be!

Thanks very much.

Router stats:

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068xxxx+NQxxxxxxxx
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 10/05/16
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:6 days, 03:50:11
6. Data rate:448 / 3904
7. Maximum data rate:1228 / 4064
8. Noise margin:24.0 / 14.3
9. Line attenuation:28.0 / 45.3
10. Signal attenuation:28.0 / 45.3
11. Data sent/received:119.9 MB / 1.1 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:No
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:xxxxxx
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:xxxxxxxxxxx
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n (up to 450 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address:90:72:82:74:68:bc
24. VPI/VCI:0 / 38
25. Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
26. Latency type:Interleaved
27. Software variant:AA
28. Boot loader:1.0.0
BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 | Last updated 10/05/16
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: IP profile reset request

Go to solution

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

you are currently on adslmax and 448kbps is as fast as you can get on up speed

it is not a profile resets as profile is controlled by connection speed so to get higher profile you need faster connection speed.  however your noise margin is very high and mods can help by resetting noise margin back to normal 6db

it would be better to see if your exchange is capable of adsl2 and if so get mods to upgrade you and fix noise margin at same time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
tjv
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for this - it has made me realise that I didn't quite understand as much as I thought and also that there have been very odd happenings at my local exchange since the work mentioned.

ADSL checker results:

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 01692xxxxxx on Exchange SMALLBURGH

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3.5--2 to 6Available----
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 3.5Up to 0.52 to 6Available----
ADSL MaxUp to 2.5--1.5 to 5Available----
Fixed Rate2 ----Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2016; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2016.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note:

Thank you for your interest.

What is very strange is that the line has been on ADSL 2+ in the last 6 months for at least a couple of weeks, but as pointed out appears to be on the 'Max' product now; I'm certain of this because there was a spell earlier this year when both a 2110 and 2700HGV would connect at 10xx Kbps upload i.e. a 'data rate' of that figure and I think router stats gave G.992.5 as the modulation as that time; I'm also certain that the latency was set to 'Fast' as well.

If a noise margin reset does the trick, then that would be marvellous, but having a 1Mbit upload would be really really helpful, even at the loss of a little download potential, so how might I get that back?

Thanks for the help; much appreciated. It's great to be able to contact people who do know what's what.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

the mods will help and try and get you on adsl2 - for your conenction there is no difference between adsl2/and adsl2+ - mods will post a contact us link here  

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 2/3 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @tjv Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting about your broadband connection.

We will be happy to help you  with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

tjv
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you - contact form filled out; I've received the auto-responder email.

0 Ratings
tjv
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

All sorted out - the DSL connection will take a little time to settle, but is already reliable with a 1Mbit/s upload & 5.5Mbit/s download. Noise margin dips overnight as it always has done, but the connection remains very good. Copper from the exchange runs about 2.4m/3.85Km.

Big thank you's to imjolly and JohnC2 on the forum for their advice, helpful pointers and getting the ball rolling for me and also to Neal O'S behind the scenes at BT for all his work and advice on tweaking the line to get the best out of it, whilst keeping me fully updated along the way; top-notch service, that is much appreciated!

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@tjv no problem at all, I was glad that I was able to help Smiley Happy

0 Ratings