cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Draekrio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Improvable upload speed?

I've always had slow speeds because of my rural location, but recently I've been looking at my package information in my profile and on automatically detected available packages and both sources claim that I should be capable of an upload speed of 1 Mbit, and yet ever since starting my current service my upload speed has always been stuck at exactly 448Kbit and not a single bit lower or higher.

Is it possible that There is some kind of hard limit in place on my broadband profile that could be removed or even simply increased?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Improvable upload speed?

Post hub stat

Enter phone number and post results   Remember delete number

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

@imjolly wrote:

Post hub stat

Enter phone number and post results   Remember delete number

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Hi @Draekrio,

Welcome to the Community. 

Could you post the information that @imjolly has asked for so that we can see if we can do anything to improve your speeds?

Matt

0 Ratings
Draekrio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

BT.png

Here we go, I apologise for the delayed reply. I understand that because of my location very little can likely be done, but I would take what little I could get.

0 Ratings
Draekrio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

I'm sorry for the double post to bump this up but it has been three weeks since the last response on the thread. additionally here is my package information both on my account and on the available deals page both claiming I am capable of 1mb upload speeds.

BT Screenshot 2.png

BT Screenshot 1.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

from what you have posted you are on adslmax with up speed of 448kbps fixed. You could upgrade to adsl2 which may not improve your down speed but would increase your down speed by 80/100%.  The mods may be able to help. Post back if you want to try upgrade

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Draekrio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

I'm very much interested if it could improve my speeds in either direction. I'm already fully away that the service I can receive is reduced by my location, but if i'm getting even less than what is available to me I'd love to see that fixed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Can  you post stats from your hub/router

any line noise. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

are you using test socket with filter to see if that helps

0 Ratings
Draekrio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

I am using a test socket and filter setup, there is no noise that I can detect on the test. and my router stats are as follows.

doing the quiet test appeared to have cut out my internet for the duration.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Obviously you should not drop connection when using filter in test socket. Have you tried a new filter?  Do you have any unfiltered extension sockets or extension sockets with dial tone while you are connected to test socket?

0 Ratings