cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Incoming cable configuration

Go to solution

Hi I know this is more an Openreach question. 

I currently have scaffolding around my house and have had a look at the incoming BT wiring that looked  a bit strange. 

I have two incoming overhead cables one for my property one for next door As expected. The two cables then through jelly blocks merge into one cable, with one incomer on one pair and the other incomer on the other pair. The single cable then runs under the eaves and at another point again through jelly blocks splits into two drop cables; one for my supply, one that goes off to the neighbours.

The access has never been good so it makes sense that at each corner that is accessible the Engineer has utilised an unused pair as to not clip up another cable.

Question1 : Is this standard practice and acceptable? 

Question 2 : will having both mine and my neighbours supply within one cable degrade the signal via attenuation or some other interference?

Many best regards.   

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Incobming cable configuration

Go to solution

Are you a BT BROADBAND customer?

Do you have problems with your phoneline?  If you dial 17070 option 2 it should be silent

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Incoming cable configuration

Go to solution

Yes I am a BT Broadband Customer. 

This is not a line problem more of a Cable Standards check. Hoping an Openreach guy picks this up. 

This would be a good time to rectify if it is an issue.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Whilst there should only only be 1 joint on the drop cable, your setup will be perfectly fine, after all, the cable up to the pole is a multi core with many customers run from it.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
That’s great. Thank you.
0 Ratings