Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 31 of 36

Re: Inconsistent speed

I read on openreaches' website that they use their process of evaluation and financial return to determine whether to invest in an area. This was on the page about rural broadband so I assume it was part of the BDUK and SEP programmes, I wish they would just ditch the pedanticness and upgrade, they have enough money to do so from government subsidies, and as they are not using their own money cost effectiveness shouldn't even come into it, it's just about upgrading exchanges that need it.

I'm pretty sure BT openreach decide who to upgrade, it says that they are the driving force in it on my local connected counties rural broadband website, and on the openreach website.

0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 32 of 36

And also now the SEP has come into play BDUK are no longer part of it for the last remaining rural villages, openreach controls it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 36

if you feel so strongly then write to BDUK and complain that openreach are not upgrading your exchange - I am sure they will reply

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 34 of 36

Who to contact?

So basically, I posted here about 2 weeks ago trying to get help diagnosing an issue, and it was diagnosed as exchange congestion, which would make sense as other people where I live have been experiencing it. So I wanted to contact B.T. to report the fault, as the plusnet checker says our exchange is not near capacity, although it definetely is, and it needs more bandwidth installing.

So I chatted online with B.T., they said I should report the problem to openreach under the "damaged equipment" category. Openreach then told me that it was the ISP's job (BT) to tell them when work needs to be carried out, and that I should tell B.T..

Well, I need to know who to contact who can actually organise something to sort this problem out, and I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think the online chat is going to be able to help me with that. A forum mod recently helped reset my noise margin, which did increase my speed, but the problem is I'm not able to enjoy that increased speed most of the time due to the exchange congestion.

So are there any managers e.t.c. who I should contact? This is REALLY becoming an issue now, internet is barely usable most days, and before you say "oh well how did you get on now", I got on by waiting over 1 minute for this web page to load.

I just need pointing in the right direction really, as I have no wish to be chasing up the wrong tree.

Thanks, Zac

0 Ratings
abitgrumpy
Message 35 of 36

Re: Who to contact?

I am interested to know whether anyone from BT has actually responded to your request. The BT website seems to make it impossible to contact anyone in the organisation by e-mail.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 36

Re: Who to contact?

Hi Zacg99,

I can see that you were dealing with my colleague Michelle, I have asked to to get back in touch with you today.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings