cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 36

Re: Inconsistent speed

Hi Zacg99,

Thanks for posting. I can look into the slow speed issue for you. Just drop me an email with your details and we’ll take it from there. You’ll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 22 of 36

Just wondering, would changing ISP's solve it? I realise that it would be a bit of hassle, but all I'm looking for is this problem to be solved, and all I can really see happening is B.T. upgrading our exchange in a few months time to solve it, when I could just solve it for me quickly by switching to a different ISP as they use different equipment in the xchange don't they so it might not be as congested.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 36

As your exchange has not been upgraded to 21CN have you checked there are any LLU providers in your exchange?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 36

Personally I would let the mods deal rather than change providers
0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 25 of 36

According to https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SMAC there are no LLU providers at our exchange. ADSL looks like the only option. I've looked for wireless broadband in Herts or Bucks but no operators cover our area.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 36

so whatever ISP you choose the connection will be the same just a different name on the DD

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 27 of 36

What I don't understand is why B.T. are upgrading ADSL2+ lines on CN21 exchanges to fibre when there are still places that can't even get broadband . . . it's mad. Surely before rolling out even faster broadband to already well off locations you should ensure that the other 8% (92% of UK has 21CN exchanges) even have a 21CN exchange so they can receive at best a very average ADSL2+ speed (10-20 mb/s) rather than being stuck on ADSL.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 36

It's not BT Retail but openreach who are deciding and I know they are both part of the overall BT Group

However they are a private company and are driven by shareholders who are looking for profit no different to any other private company.  They then make decisions on what is best and cost effective for the company not for the individual  You cannot direct a private company to install/upgrade exchange/cabinets if the company BT Group or in this case openreach do not consider it cost effective

0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 29 of 36

But surely that's what the BDUK and SEP government funding programmes were for, they gave the contract and the money to openreach so they didn't have to consider profit or cost effectiveness. £780 million was dedicated to the BDUK and SEP schemes, the contract was given to openreach so why are they still looking for profit when it's technically government funding and not even their money. It was intended for the upgrading of rural exchanges, and yet openreach are still treating it like it's their money when all they should be doing is the technical aspect of the upgrading, the whole point of the schemes were to ensure openreach didn't incurr a loss when upgrading rural areas, as it was covered by the government funding.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 36

I thought openreach got the contract to do the work but BDUK were the ones who decided what the work actually was

0 Ratings