cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Incredibly high ping spikes daily, can't use the internet

Hey all,

I play a lot of online games at a constant 20-30 ping, but then my ping will spike to crazy amounts, over 1000, around every hour, making the game completely unplayable until I then have to reset the internet, but sometimes it will only last 5-10 minutes. It has gotten worse over time and it's doing it a lot now. I have tried both wired and wireless connection to test them but the problem still occures. I'm on a BT hub 4 if that is any use. Does anyone know what could potentially be causing this and can anyone help with a fix? It's really affecting the games i play, it just ruins them as i can't reconnect or anything. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Incredibly high ping spikes daily, can't use the internet

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

There was only some slight fuzzing on the line, should I contact bt and talk to someone?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

there should be no noise on the quiet line test do not mention broadband when you phone faults on 151
0 Ratings