cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Intermittent connection - BT diagnostics finds fault, but drops out

So for the past few weeks I've been getting intermittent connection issues and they seem to be getting worse.

Mostly my connection appears to work, for example I can stream Iplayer without an issue.

However if I am web browsing I periodically seem to get loss of connection, especailly if I am uploading a photo or a file.  No diagnostic leds are coming on the hub.   If I am on WiFi and run network diagnostics windows tells me theres a problem between the router and internet.  If I am on LAN cable I don't get any errors, just periodic slow down / non-responsiveness and then comes back to life.

Issue is affecting all devices.  Win7 laptop , Win10 laptop and android device.

I've been on the BT website to report the fault and it runs through diagnostics and says a fault has been found.

It then prompts to run a diagnostic on the landline,  about 20% way through the landline test the broadban drops out.  b (led) extinguishes, then flashes as it reconnects.  Despite the BT diagnostic saying it will save test progress, it doesn't and I am back to the very begining each time!

I get this far before the broadband resets...

bt.jpg

Nothing has changed with the landline.  I have only the master socket, no extensions and just one wired handset which I have left disconnected for diagnostic.

I did suffer a noisey line a few months back, BT diagnostics worked that time and said there was an error at their end.   All resloved and quiet line test seems fine.

Currently on ASDL connection with Hub 3.   Normally my speeds are around 16mb/s have been for years, speed check this evening shows 11mb/s.

Stats from the hub...

Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:38:43
Downstream:11.32 Mbps
Upstream:1.16 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):14.7 dB / 6.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):24.5 dB / 13.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.4 dBm / 11.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):4 / 32
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):3 / 7
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):717 / 25

Any help much appreciated!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Intermittent connection - BT diagnostics finds fault, but drops out

Hi @freds_ghost and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems with the connection. I'll be happy to check things are in order for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings