Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Railwayman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Intermttant hub6 drops

Go to solution

Reprted constant  drops with my HH 6 to Bt yesterday (been having problems for about a week), even thou I know its the hub as i have used a spare hh4 to test which is rock solid 2 days on test I duly went along with the tests I was asked to perform.

I might as well as not spoken regarding the fault as my words were ignored (signal engineer for 45 years), I realise they have their scripts to work to but at least pretend to hear.

The HH was reset and I was asked to ring back with any further problems which started 4 hours later, becoming more frequent as time passed, phoned again today, went through the same sequence of events, my words ignored again. asked again to ring if problem pesists Smiley Frustrated Even thou its only 2 days think it times to buy my own hub and calm my blood pressure lol.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Intermttant hub6 drops

Go to solution

if the hh4 is working well why not just stick with that and save the high BP  the HH6 is better with fibre than adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Railwayman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Hello imjolly

Yep i would do but its not mine, have you any recomendations for a good gaming router either modem/ router combined or seperates, my son is a big gamer. 

0 Ratings
Railwayman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Brought a TP link router which had proved stable since the end of June until yesterday, the dissconects have begun in earnest again, have reconected the HH4 to no avail, still the same. I have moved the hub to the test socket (all internal wiring dissed) and ran some speed tests and thou my up and dn speed remains stable the ping is varying wildly from 20ms to 4000 also the SNR varys from -1.7 up to 3.1, the quite line test has no noise. Have again used the troubleshooting app on BT which fails to complete.

The prospect of going through CS again fills me with dread, any help here would be great.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

did you replace the filter when using test socket?

you need to leave in test socket for few days and see if connection remains stable  did you check there is no dial tone at any extension socket whether normally in use or not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Railwayman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Yep brand new filter, telephone extension cables in my home installed by me so I know that the rest are dissconected (phones are dead}.

With regard to dissconections yes time in the test socket will prove that aspect but the ping issue is ongoing and as a gamer, massive ping variation make my connection useless if unresolved.  

Thankyou for the input. 

0 Ratings
Railwayman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Another disconect at 05:22 this morning (test socket) SNR down now at 6.1 from 3.1, DLM perhaps. either way as I'm only 200 mtr from the exchange there appears to be an external fault.

09:12:46, 14 Aug.
DSL Link Up: Down Rate=20047Kbps, Up Rate=1244Kbps; SNR Margin Down=3.1dB, Up=6.7dB

05:23:36, 15 Aug.
DSL Link Up: Down Rate=18416Kbps, Up Rate=1240Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.1dB, Up=6.6dB
05:22:56, 15 Aug.
WAN connection ATM disconnected

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Railwayman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Have had to move my router back to its original site as I have people over this weekend and cannot have trailing wires in the hall way, there have been no further dissconections.

Could a mod please tell me if my connection speed has been lowered manualy as I have lost 2meg in download speed and have a higer ping (interleaved from fast perhaps?) due to the higer SNR. If this is the case is there any prospect of a return to the execllent connection I have enjoyed for many years or will DLM take no further action i.e am I banded?.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

0 Ratings
Railwayman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

After many more dissconects my speed has decreased to 16meg (just like the arc down in twos), have an engineer coming Monday, cant say I'm optimistic due to the intermmant nature of the fault, Will post up the results.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

HI @Railwayman let us know how you get on with the engineer today - if you're still having problems with your connection after this time we'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings