cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Internet disconnects at same time every night

Hi does anybody know why my internet restarts it’s self same time 00:05 for a whole 5 mins then comes back on?? 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Internet disconnects at same time every night

Is there anything in your home that switches off or even on at that time. Eg your central heating boiler which could be arcing causing electrical interference and making hub drop

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Hi everything goes off around 10:30 however the only thing that’s goes onto stand by is the sky HD box that goes off around 12/1am 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Which BT hub are you using?

try stopping the sky box going to standby and see if that stop drop in internet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Also having the same problem every night at exactly midnight my Hub goes green then starts flashing purple before going back to normal. Ive recently upgraded to Full Fibre 900 and this has been every night without fail since i upgraded. BT are absolutely no help what so ever

Im using a Ultrafast Smart Hub 1

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

More than likely a REIN or SHINE issue. https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Broadband-Understanding-REIN-and-SHINE 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

@davidk89wrote:

Hi everything goes off around 10:30 however the only thing that’s goes onto stand by is the sky HD box that goes off around 12/1am 

Do you mean everything goes ON at 10:30 (pm).

If you are on the so-called "White Meter" rate, then, on our CH/HW system, this kicks in around 10:30pm for 1.5 hours, ie until midnight, switches back to normal rate for 2 hours and then back to the cheap rate white meter. Other users have different times/periods in order to prevent local power surges. 

This affects our connection, albeit very, very briefly at midnight when the system switches back to normal. Our wiring is 30 years old but the two consumer boxes are a year old.

We are used to it but benefit from that midnight cuppa.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Ours is doing exactly the same thing. I was just going to post a new question asking about this. 

Just after midnight every night! We have Smart Home Hub 6 on Fibre 2.

If anyone can help we'd be grateful.

Message 9 of 18

Hi guys will have to reply one at a time lol 

the Hub I’m using is a BT HUB 6

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

did anyone ever get any resolution on this?

currently having the same issue

0 Ratings