cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Internet dropping on a missed call

Hello

I have a strange issue which i couldnt find any information on. When i miss a call on my land line phone it causes the internet to drop out and have to reconnect. If the phone is answered then the internet will not drop out.

I have changed all the filters and no change.

I checked the line on the silent line check and there was some interference on the line; however it was using a wireless phone.

What would the likely cause of this issue be?

Thanks
Adam

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet dropping on a missed call

With cordless phone a dull hum is normal and anything else is a problem and need to be reported to 151as a phone fault - no mention of broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick reply, however i was more looking at what would cause this from a technical stand point, and whether it would likely be a problem inside my property?

Thanks

Adam

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

if you connect your phone to the test socket and the noise is still there then the fault is outside your home
0 Ratings