cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Internet drops every ONE minute

Same error every time. Please fix and don't tell me to restart my router, thanks. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Internet drops every ONE minute

@BronnauMawr 

Welcome to this user forum.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you - my internet has been down or unbearably slow since I last posted. 

Quiet line test is very fuzzy with a high pitch noise. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

then report a phone fault to 151  get phone fixed and broadband will improve

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 14

@BronnauMawr wrote:

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you - my internet has been down or unbearably slow since I last posted. 

Quiet line test is very fuzzy with a high pitch noise. 

You really need to check at the test socket first, just in case you have a fault on your internal phone wiring.

I assume this has just started to happen?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Okay, I found the test socked. Quiet line test is silent now

By this if you mean my internet problems, then no. My initial fault was raised on the 27th of September. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

@BronnauMawr wrote:

Okay, I found the test socked. Quiet line test is silent now

The problem is due to your own internal phone wiring, or the way you have things connected up.

Try connecting things up as shown below, then see if you still get the disconnections. If you have any extensions, you should see them connected to the back of the front removable section, unless you have the new NTE5C.

infinity_test.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

I don't have a microfilter as my faceplate has one :l

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

If you have line noise when connected to master but the line is silent when connected to test socket then problem is either your master faceplate or your internal wiring.  In either case you need to connect to the test socket with a filter ( probably got filter when received hub) to see if your internet connection is now stable

should the problem be your internal wiring then you will be charged for engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

@BronnauMawr wrote:

I don't have a microfilter as my faceplate has one :l

Which master socket do you have? Do you have any other phone sockets or extension wiring?

Keith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

0 Ratings