cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Internet intermittent at best

Go to solution

It should be better than that.

Unless you can check your phone line for noise, there is not a lot you can do, apart from report a broadband fault.

Can you post the connection information from your BT Home Hub please?

Hub Stats
The information contained within your router management pages can really help others diagnose technical issues. To post these stats, open up a web browser and type 192.168.1.254 or BThomehub.home. Navigate to the 'Troubleshooting' Tab and then click on 'Helpdesk', you will then need to enter the admin password which can be found on the sticker on the back of BT Home Hub 4 and 5. BT Home hub 3 will have the sticker on the underside of the router.

When using a Hub 3, you will see an option at the bottom right hand corner to select 'full details'. click on this, copy the info displayed and post the results. If using a BT Home Hub 4 or 5 navigate to 'Troubleshooting' then to 'Logs'. You will then find two lines which will state 'DSL noise margin' and 'DSL line rate', copy this info and include this in your post.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

@Chrisstapleton 

Have you tried testing from the test socket? Thus master sockets do suffer from bad connections between the front section and the test socket.

nte 5c testing from test socket.jpgNTE 5C Test socket check

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Hi,

I've done a line test with a phone now, using 17070 and then using the quiet line check. There is no noise on my landline coming in. The connection has since improved since yesterday but still quite poor, going up to 1mbps and the latency being very strange, sat at 30ms and then spiking to anywhere between 100ms up to 600ms randomly. 

I tried to check DSL speed using the method you stated but when I check trouble shooting it only gives Event Logs as a home hub 4 and using ctrl F I cannot find and 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Hi,

So the connection issues persisted and now once again today I've had intermittent connections and it keeps on disconnecting constantly. I have checked the phone line now and can confirm that it is noisy. How do I go about getting the phone line sorted?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@Chrisstapleton wrote:

Hi,

So the connection issues persisted and now once again today I've had intermittent connections and it keeps on disconnecting constantly. I have checked the phone line now and can confirm that it is noisy. How do I go about getting the phone line sorted?

Raise a noisy phone line fault, not a broadband one.

It may be shown as a "poor quality phone calls" or similar on the fault options.

0 Ratings