cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
singy206
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Internet problem after wires reconnected

Hello to everyone , my first post. I have bt broadband and it has been working fine not super fast but ok for me , recently my girlfriend managed to pull all the wires out of the main socket coming into my house, the main socket is in a small hallway that was rebuilt a few years ago and the builders just connected the wires inside a junction box not bt standared but it's been working ok so I have just left it, I reconnected the wires and asked bt to check the line and they said everything was fine and to be honest the phone is working perfect but the Internet has not been right , I struggle to load any pages it's as if it's only working on half power, if I try to down load match of the day it is trying but after about an hour it's only down loaded 5% then it just gives up , is this something to do with my settings ? I haven't changed anything on any of my devices , they are all very poor , I know very little about these things if anyone can point me in the right direction before I get bt out that would be great. thanks Mark.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Internet problem after wires reconnected

Welcome to this user forum.

Are you connected to your BT Broadband connection at the moment?

Which BT Home hub do you have?

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Please post your full Router Stats. For a Home Hub see on here: Broadband Top Tips . Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

can you post a photo of your socket and wiring?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
singy206
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks very much for the quick response I'll get all the information together and post it as soon as I can, it is difficult as it takes my iPad 30 mins to load this page . thanks Mark
0 Ratings