cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheilajoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 40

Ip profile

hi new to this i have contacted bt help line many times in 2 months regards to my poor speed, i was told that it was because my ip profile was on 2mbps so i was told it would be changed wait 10 days then will be back to normal i have now waited 3 lots of 10 days and still when i do a bt wholesales speed test its is still saying ip profile is on 2mbps i am really needing some real help now as it has been 2 months with this issue, i am ment to be getting 8 mbps still not that fast but better then 0.67 mpbs kind regards sheila 

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 40

Re: Ip profile

Can you post your adsl stats from your router and the run btspeedtesr and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 40

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
sheilajoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 40

hi im jolly how do i get adsl stats thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 40

Enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser then you should find the adsl stats remember to shwo detail at bottom to get errors information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sheilajoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 40

it just comes up bt home hub manager here is the results from bt wholesale speedtest

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
0.03 Mbps

0 Mbps 2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.03 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 40

When you get hub manager then you need to login - probably user admin and password on the hub. Once you get into hub-then you should get hub stats

It certainly looks like your profile is stuck at 2mb

0 Ratings
sheilajoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 40

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:58:17
Downstream:7.938 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):9.9 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):17.8 dB / 10.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.8 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 382
CRC Events (Down/Up):82941 / 436
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):213717 / 114
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):4010 / 660

0 Ratings
sheilajoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 40

hi posted some more stats thank you so much for looking
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 40

Now need you to repost the adsl when connection time shows 3days to show stable connection and then mods will help fix your profile which should be 7.15mb

0 Ratings