cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Is a BT Smart Hub 2 OK for use with Copper Broadband

Go to solution

@Tangleytrouble 

it would be far better if you started your own thread and post your problem.  that way you will get replies specific to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Hello @Tangleytrouble 

No, unfortunately the problem didn't get fixed.  I won't bore you with details,  but will say the guys who manage this forum did their best to help.  We've kept landline, but after speaking to a local tech person, we now use 4G broadband, & although not perfect it's hugely better - it was our only hope,  here.  You can buy a reasonably cheap 4G router from Amazon/Argos etc, for example TP-Link TL-MR6400 300 Mbps 4G Mobile Wi-Fi Router (really the only thing to watch out for is that it's powerful enough for your size of property - however we have also added some mesh-wifi extenders which are great).  You do also need a reasonable 4G signal where you live, & fortunately we get strong signal from O2 so have an unlimited data simcard package, costing approx £27/month.  You may find you have a better signal from a different mobile operator though, eg Three, Vodafone... it depends on your nearest phone mast (if you have a smartphone you likely already know who gives you the best signal, but you can also find out by looking it up on your local mobile network map).  We also bought a Poynting outdoor antenna but found it made things worse, as we already get a good signal (I just mention it in case you find you need one!).  I've probably made it sound complicated but it's easy to set it all up - you want to find the place in your house/property with the best signal, is the main thing - this is likely to be higher up in the house, & on the side facing your nearest phone mast.   I hope this helps; happy to try and help further if you have any questions... 

Message 13 of 14

Go to solution
Thank you so much I think I had already come to the conclusion that a 4G router might be the way to go. I am sorry it never got sorted for you. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and being so helpful
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

@Tangleytrouble No problem.   It just wasn't worth fighting BT to fix the issues anymore - comes a point when you have to try and save a bit of sanity, with all due respect to the ones who did try & help!  Wishing you all the best.

0 Ratings