cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: Is it true that ADSL Copper is discontinuing in June 2020?

Go to solution

so @aj1  you currently have a 5.7/1.1mb connection on adsl2 and if upgraded to just superfast 1 your connection would be 55/10mb a significant increase in both down and up speed.  you could go to superfast 2 and get even faster

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

@aj1 wrote:

Hi Keith,  Thank you for your help., the link to the moderators comment makes it clearer.  I hate these damn call centre people they always seem to use the facts and bend them to mislead you. The problem is of course I can see  it is a good offer but I do not want to use a BT Modem/Router (I went with one of those years ago and had continual problems) then I bought several Belkin ones and they always had problems but when I went over to the D6300 Netgear I found great security especially with the access control by MAC Address which I love  and have not had a single problem with it for years now. When BT asked me to move last year I asked if I could buy a Fibre Netgear maybe Nighthawk and use that but the young lady who called then said no I have to use theirs so I told her I didn't want to change. Now this young boy after saying I HAD to change by June, and after I told him about my Modem/Router issue said you can keep the one you have and continue to use that as  copper will still be coming into your house. I said I thought that wasn't likely so he said I will ask my Supervisor, seconds later he reaffirmed that I could use it. Now I don't know what to trust.

The Netgear D6400 is the later version of your device and can be used with VDSL, alternatively, just buy an Openreach Huawei HG612 modem from Ebay, connect it to your D6300's WAN port and continue using that.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

That sounds a plan thank you,  I will look for one.

All the best

0 Ratings