cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 74

Re: Junction box.......

noise margin higher than before but still lot of errors and interleaving working overtime from number of fec errors

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 74

Just waiting for the exchange to restart the hub, in orderto determine whether or not the line has stabilised, before I try and prevent any interference on the mains to the hub...... Whereas before the interference was causing the connection to "freeze", at least it can now be used albeit, at a slower pace.......work in progress........Smiley Happy

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 74

your doing a great job for your neighbourSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 74

So far so good.......i've learnt not to get too excited too early simply because this internet lark has a nasty habit of creeping up behind you and biting your bum........Smiley Surprised

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 74

ROFL_C12.gif

0 Ratings
Highlighted
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 74

My neighbour is still hanging in there........Smiley Happy

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connectedppp0_0
Connection time:4 days, 09:20:43
Downstream:9.492 Mbps
Upstream:1.151 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):10.7 dB / 6.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):16.9 dB / 9.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up):15.7 dBm / 12.2 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):241696161 / 673
CRC Events (Down/Up):48326 / 95
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):15259 / 81
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):40435 / 30

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 74

4 days stable

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 74

Still holding on.......

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connectedppp0_0
Connection time:8 days, 04:10:07
Downstream:9.492 Mbps
Upstream:1.151 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):15.6 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):16.9 dB / 9.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up):15.7 dBm / 12.2 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):379984401 / 1097
CRC Events (Down/Up):66050 / 106
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):20395 / 87
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):47536 / 41

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 74

still a lot of errors but seem to have slowed down compared to first 4 days.  you could ask mods to reset noise margin but that may well make the errors a lot worse with the lower noise margin

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 40 of 74

Was going to wait until the exchange rebooted the hub, before I proceeded further......As she is only next door, I reckon a lot of those errors are coming down the mains supply.......as WAS (passed tense Smiley Mad) the case with my connection.......Smiley Happy 

0 Ratings