cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 74

Re: Junction box.......

Not sure how or who, but have finally found it again.......Stats after removing erroneous extention wiring and of course, the infamous bell wire........Will see how friendly the hub and exchange are to each other over the next few days......Smiley Happy

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connectedppp0_0
Connection time:0 days, 00:19:40
Downstream:9.492 Mbps
Upstream:1.158 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):6.0 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):17.0 dB / 9.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up):15.8 dBm / 12.1 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):9819839 / 107
CRC Events (Down/Up):0 / 32
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 12
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 0

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 74

are stats from test socket?  doesn't look much scope for higher speed like you own and a lot fec errors for 19min connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 74

Stats are from test socket. There is currently a loud buzzing on all of the AM band which is more than likely the bane of our problems. However, at least the errors are now confined mainly to the fec events. Hopefully this gives me scope for further improvements as and when the connection settles down a bit, after all, there is a lot of rubbish history on this line........ 

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 74

I have fitted my hub with a mains conditioner and a balun choke on the hub's mains lead which is something I could do on my neighbours hub if required. Maybe this would explain the difference between the two......Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 74

imjolly wrote:snipped

don't know how this got moved to this board

Mentioning no names;) - http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Junction-box/m-p/901012#M55624

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 74

LOL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gavsafc
Contributor
Message 17 of 74

I brought a topic up a couple of weeks ago like this where the main cable from pole goes to a junction box on MY NEIGHBOURS WALL & 2 cables come from the box, one to my home and one to her's. Surely this could be taking away some performance from the broadband?? Everyone one else in the area has their own cable.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 74

@gavsafc it will have no effect on your broadband as the cable going in to that box will be a multi pair cable and you will have you own pair also this problem is with internal wiring not external
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 74

john46 that was what I said before on @gavsafc original post - maybe seeing same answer twice will convince him

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 74

This is the latest speedtest on my neighbours line. Would you say that the exchange would probably increase the speed given time ?

It appears to me that at the moment, the ip profile is holding it back.......

24062013.1814.speedtest.emma.JPG

0 Ratings