cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 74

Re: Junction box.......

I don't think you read anything into the btspeedtester results as far as expected speed.  just for the attenuation you would expect about 21mb but there is nothing in the stats you posted which suggests that is going to happen - 9mb connection speed but noise margin normal at 6db whereas with that low speed (and expection of 21mb) you would expect a noise margin of 15db maybe higher

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 74

I just wondered if the fact that the download speed is only just below the ip profile, and the fact that the upload speed is actually greater than the ip profile, that they are both being restricted by the ip profile ?

Unfortunately the sync speed is still only half the speed of my connection and yet the quiet line test is....well.....quiet.

Whereas before I went round there, the errors were building all the time. But now, the errors are only building during the periods of wipe out on the am radio.......

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 74

if your download speed on btspeedtester is just below your profile then that is good - it should not exceed your profile - although the up speed sometimes does. 

there is nothing in stats which says something wrong apart from speed low for attenuation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 74

Could that be because of the occasional burst of interference ?

I'm running out of ideas........Smiley Sad

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 74

just looking at last 2 sets of stats after you sorted out the wiring and the connection speed on second set is exactly same as the previous set giving ma a thought that all the connection problems have resulted in a banded profile - even though noise margin not normal 15db+.

this would release in 3/5 days with a stable 24/7 conenction

7168 - 14336
4864 - 9728  (connection speed is actually 9720 - 9492*1.024)
3328 - 6656
2272 - 4544
1472 - 3072
1152 - 2272
576 - 1152
288 - 576
160 - 288

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 74

Thankyou imjolly......Smiley Happy

That is what I was hoping.......

I shall keep you informed......

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 74

Post back if there are any changes please

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 74

Will do.......Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 74

Latest stats.....

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connectedppp0_0
Connection time:2 days, 00:34:33
Downstream:9.492 Mbps
Upstream:1.151 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):10.4 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):16.9 dB / 9.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up):15.7 dBm / 12.2 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):89601981 / 263
CRC Events (Down/Up):3622 / 67
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):1033 / 48
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):32250 / 17

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 74

just a matter of maintaining the connection now
0 Ratings