Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gazza49er
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Just steady orange power light

Hi I had my phone and broadband moved to a new address on the 17th November same exchange but my actual moving in date got delayed until the 27th November and when I connected my router I get the boot up lights but then just a steady orange power light and no lights in the silver bar, it's a home hub 4. I've read that this could mean it's in sync mode and hasn't been connected properly in exchange but could this be due to me not being able to connect router on day of switch over? 2 weeks of no internet is getting boring now. Appreciate any help.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Just steady orange power light

try using the test socket with a new filter and see if phone has dial tone  if so then try router and see if it will boot  test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gazza49er
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, done all that and same thing. Dial tone ok just no broadband, I'm thinking when they moved my services to new address something on the broadband side has been missed?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi gazza49er,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry for the problems you're having connecting to your broadband.  You can send us over your details and we'll help you from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings