Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Keep losing broadband - BT says line ok

Go to solution

Moderators contacted earlier this week.

By way of update;

My speed is now fluctuating. On Thursday it was 0.3 Mb, then 7.8, 10.19 and today 5.8. Previous to the recent problems I was getting a reliable and consistent 12.8 Mb without any dropouts.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @Guzzigirl,

Thanks for taking my call this evening. I'm really glad we were able to get this all sorted for you. It took a while but we got there in the end. Please post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

After many weeks our phone line is now quiet and our broadband is working reliably and back up to speed.

We've had quite a few engineer visits, many line tests, replacement of damaged overhead line spans, cable swaps and a new service into the house, but frustratingly the problem continued. Final investigation within the exchange resulted in the discovery of a faulty connection as the underlying cause

It's only with David's tenacity that we have been able to pursue this fault with Open Reach. David has been a vital contact and intermediary, ensuring that our call remained active until fully resolved. The continuity of having a single point of contact with first-hand knowledge of the situation and history of the fault is a refreshing change to BT's call centre.

David's involvement has kept us calm and focussed in knowing that something is actually being done. Prior to this we were getting angry and frustrated with having to deal with the call centre, which doesn't do BT any favours whatsoever.

If you are at a dead end following repeated contact with the call centre I urge you to contact the moderators, they do understand how frustrating it can be. They will get back to you and they will help you, just remain patient, rational and polite!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@Guzzigirl That's great thanks for posting and letting the community know your issue has been resolved. I've passed on your thanks to David.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Good to see nothing changes. I've had the same BT agreed it wasine degradation as line goes whenever it rains. They sent an engineerwho ignored all that and replaced the socket in the house instead.. Guess what.. Off it goes when it rains. 

They promised me they would fix this prior to me agreeing to take a new contract. They then didn't. 

Not only does my Internet fail to connect now it only connects when you use the phone to make a call. However the phone drops the call after 4 minutes, then Internet disconnects again. So the elaborate BT phone option menus mean literally just getting through before the line drops. Then several 4 minute call backs trying to resolve a issue they were aware of months ago.

Now they tell me they can't make me an appointment until 3 Jan 2020, haven't offered any alternative assistance and clearly couldn't care less. The only up side is that by that date the connection will have been down for more than 3 working days unrepaired as as per their contract they have failed to uphold their end and I will be leaving penalty free to go to another phone and broadband provider

0 Ratings