cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mackey18
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 27

Re: Line being capped again.

Right, so I should call BT and raise a fault?

Mike
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 27

unfortunately there is no point as there is no line fault and you are likely to be charged 129.99 callout attenuation can vary slightly anyway
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 27

the speed is interesting as the 1mb fixed is 1152kbps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 27

good spot imj just noticed that myself
0 Ratings
Mackey18
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 27

I don't know how DLM works but here's a thought, since on ADSL2+ they don't set profiles and can't control the SNR margin of my connection (because of the router) is it possible that the DLM forces an increased Attenuation? As it's only on ADSL2+ that I get the larger than normal Attenuation, and on the other modulation types I get the 1mb cap. Just some speculation, I have no idea as to the working of DLM on these matters.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 27

the attenuation is not changed by the DLM but it is often the case that using adsl2 increases your attenuation by up to 2db

have you thought about resetting modulation to adslmax

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mackey18
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 27

Ok, was just a thought. Yea ADSL Max has the described results. Stuck at 1152kbps. If I remember on ADSL Max attenuation is ~73.5dB so my ADSL2+ connection used to be ~1.5dB higher, but is now 3.5dB higher.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 27

just read old posts and were you not on half mb fixed at start?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mackey18
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 27

Fixed was when I had the issue but normal speeds were 0.75Mb. As I mentioned, recently the engineer came out and put the line on a shorter loop from the DP. Attenuation dropped to 75dB, new speed was 1.5-1.6Mb.

Mike

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 27

The old post showed a connection speed of 499kbps with attainable about 850. Your line may pick up again but there is nothing in what you have posted suggesting a problem needing an engineer - sorry

0 Ratings