Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 29

Re: Line connection won't go above 3.969Mbps when it should be higher

Go to solution

I would leave it in the test socket until you get the stability returned and then a bit longer after mods reset noise margin.  up to you what you do about the extension but it appears to causing noise on your line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
adamz946
Contributor
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

I have been able to achieve 3 days uptime now, seems like it could go longer without any issues now that the extension is disconnected. Will you contact the mods to reset the noise margin or do I need to fill in a little form? I don't remember.

speed4.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

Hi adamz946,

Thanks for your post.

I can take a look at your connection. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch to help.

Thanks,

OlgaC

0 Ratings
adamz946
Contributor
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

Thank-you for the help so far! Will update once it's all resolved 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution
ok please do update us as it can help others
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

obviously from your earlier post the extension was the cause of your problems and now that it is disconnected your like looks far better and when noise margin reset your speed will be a lot better

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
adamz946
Contributor
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

Ok had the line reset done late last week and has all checked out since, it seem's to have reconnected a few times with the speed adjusting each time and increasing slightly. Line profile is now 6mb which is bang on what I would expect and was previously getting without any issues.

So extension must be the cause of the issue, along with faults on the line which were previously fixed by wholesale before christmas. Will be looking to get the extension replaced/sorted in the near future, but may wait for fibre to be installed as have found out that fibre could be live in the area soon, and are just awaiting for power to the cabinet before testing/final work can be done before it goes live to customers.

So two lot's of excellent news! Thanks for the help

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution
Good result well worth the effort
0 Ratings