cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gremlin10
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Line in need of repair!

I don't mean to be rude John, but what a frustratingly pointless statement! I am here for that exact reason, my concern is, that because of the problems I am having being intermittent, that when the engineer comes out, there will be no fault showing and I will be charged for the call out!

I KNOW that there is a line fault, I doubt it's at the exchange, but through past experience, I very much think that there is some actual damage to the outside cables themselves caused by the extreme low temps and wet weather, expansion and contraction etc...

I realise you are maybe trying to help, but really, you first point out that I got my attenuation/SNR margin incorrect, even though it seemed quite clear by my initial post that I knew what I was talking about, then basically you tell me that my internet won't work til I get it fixed.

Sorry to be harsh, but I'm already as frustrated as can be with this issue in the first place, and can ill afford the £129 fee for BT Engineer to come out if no problem is found.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 25

sorry if my comments offended you but without engineer intervention your problem will only possibly get worse not better intermittent faults can be the most difficult to locate and rectify and without persistence many go unresolved i understand your comments on charges and fully agree however if the faults are external to your property are non chargeable
0 Ratings
Gremlin10
Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Does that stand if no fault is found though?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 25

that depends on the engineer report
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 25

if no fault found after engineer visit you are more likely to get charged than not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Gremlin10
Contributor
Message 16 of 25

Wonderful, so I'm pretty much screwed then.

How do I cancel the engineer visit, it's scheduled for tomorrow morning?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 25

phone 151 you maybe able to cancel being short notice
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 25

Hi Everyone,

Just to clarify if Openreach don't find a fault they won't charge. They will only raise the charge if the fault is found on your own wiring or equipment after the master socket.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 25

That's really interesting

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Gremlin10
Contributor
Message 20 of 25

Hi,

Thanks so much for saying that, I was actually on hold with BT to cancel the appointment, but after that post have decided to go ahead with it.

At least now I can stop worrying about the potential bill.

And if by some odd chance it was on my end that the fault existed, I would be happy enough paying if it fixed the problem.

Thanks.

Sorry for being a bit short John. 🙂

0 Ratings