Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 113

Line reset yet again please

Go to solution
Hi all.

Anyone that has seen my previous posts will know that I have a **bleep** line which seems to decide to band my profile after a period or I increase my snr , most likely due to a lot if errors over time.

Well that time has come again lol back on good old 15 snr. The switch back to ADSL max did last much longer than the 2+ connection at least .

If I could request another reset please, stats posted below.

Model Name BiPAC 7800
Hardware Version Annex A
Software Version 1.06h.dt2

ADSL Status
Connection Time 6 day(s) 7 hour(s) 13 min(s)
DSP Firmware Version A2pB025f.d22k
DMT Status No Defect
Operational Mode G.DMT
ppp_0_0_38_1 PPPoA 0/38
Upstream 768
Downstream 1120
SNR Margin(Upstream) 10.0
SNR Margin(Downstream) 14.8
Line Attenuation(Upstream) 31.5
Line Attenuation(Downstream) 56.0
0 Ratings
112 REPLIES 112
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 113

Re: Line reset yet again please

Go to solution

Your connection should reset itself given a stable connection for 7/10 days.  You really need to get your connection sorted by getting engineer visit rather than getting another request fir noise margin reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 113

Go to solution
I don't see what I would benefit from an engineer visit? It seems to me I just have a very unstable line due to length and quality. All internal wiring has previously been checked and the line test is completely silent . I wouldn't assume it is a fault as this always happens after a 3/4 week period if time since I got connected 6 months ago.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 113

Go to solution

With a 56db attenuation there are many posts with higher attenuation/longer lines which are stable and don't continually drop connection. So it would be better to get your line fixed to stop the continual drops in connection rather than keep trying to get your noise margin manually reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
NoSirItWasntMe
Contributor
Message 5 of 113

Go to solution

@warrenshaw22 

What is the 4G network like in your area? 

Depending on your data usage needs you may get faster throughput (but higher pings which might affect gaming etc) by trying mobile broadband rather than a very long landline.

I don't know your exact postcode, but for example, BT45 7UG shows as having a very good reception on the BT mobile coverage page.

0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 113

Go to solution
Hi, you are indeed correct and that is my plan as soon as I can get rid of this useless landline, unfortunately I am stuck on contract for another year. The 4g is blistering fast here on all networks, I live beside mountain where all the masts are. I can get unlimited data with three now, unfortunately six months ago when I ordered the BT there was no unlimited option or I would have went the 4g route, most of my neighbours use the 4g and get over 20mb constantly!
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 113

Go to solution
Oh yes and my line has totally hammered now , virtually unusable, connected at 0.6 mb! Needs reset
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 113

Go to solution

if your speed has dropped again then you have a line problem and that needs fixed first so call 151 and get engineer visit

a noise margin reset is not a fix just a temporary fix until the line drops again and the circle starts again

0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 113

Go to solution
To be honest I just can’t be bothered with it anymore, now connected at just over 1 and BT seems to think it is acceptable and won’t send an engineer as this is my minimum guaranteed.
If a reset is not possible, then I think I will finally just throw in the towel and cancel the contract and go down the 4g route. Have had nothing but headache for the last 6 months and have just about had enough with it all.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 113

Go to solution

If your connection speed is still dropping then as I said you have a line problem. Is quiet line silent when using a corded phone?

are you using the test socket with filter to eliminate your internal wiring and faceplate

0 Ratings