Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 91 of 113

Re: Line reset yet again please

Go to solution
Oh and I have no idea if this is right.

BUT the silence from the mods in my thread is quite telling.

Talk tosh, they attempt to correct you.

Talk the truth and they stay silent.

I imagine especially on here if the denied a truth ie. lie this would be a breach of ISPA code of practice. So they don't.

Makes total sense to me. Any comment?

Oh if you've not worked it out BT have some good CS people.

From my extensive experience it's a one in ten chance of getting someone to do anything more constructive than to:

1. AWESOME speed 2Mb you must cable everyting to make full use of it. No.

2. Well you are 5km from the exchange poor you. No I got 3Mb last month I want the same this month my house is still 5km from exchange NOT 6km now.

3. You can't put your router on windowsill or the floor it has to have it's own special table. NO that was 1976 not 2019 and why is my m socket on the window sill.

4. Case manager, How can I have phoned the account holder at work I've phoned your land line. NO NO NO NO NO. Account holder comes home text and missed call from BT before my LANDLINE call.
5. Make you wait in all morning turn up at 12:50 run a 5 minute test say it's over 1Mb whats your problem? My problem is when it rains my internet goes off. When it is not raining my house is full of Openreach engineers when it then starts raining they get in there van a go to lunch then come back when it's stopped! WHAT? Show some control over Openreach don't send a phone engineer who does not do broad band.
All the above has happened to me with BT.

6/7/8/9/10 I've plenty more.

11. We don't need to come round your house is code for we'll book an engineer and 20 minutes later Openreach test your line see > 1Mb cancel appointment. 3 days later you phone 0800 etc to find absoultly nothing has been done and repeat till fixed or as they want you give up.
Techno tosh babble. NO.NO. NO. Don't put up with it.

Record your calls and ISPA/ADR/Ombardsman them into submission.

Every trick in the book. BE WARNED I AM NOT JOKING.
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 92 of 113

Go to solution

@warrenshaw22wrote:
I didn't receive any such email as it was a 'house move', is was previously on fibre for a long time at my old address with no issues.
I actually had a whole handling at the start even before connected as the employee lied to me about the price to my surprise at my first bill! Was a whole investigation and it was proved through recorded telephone call and ritified! The forum here and mods is very good, but ring though to the call centres and might as well talk to a brick wall! That's why I thought maybe o e of the mods could assist me in getting out.

I'm still laughing. Phone 0800 oficial complaint 5/6 weeks is long enough. Insist don't let them talk you out of it.

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 93 of 113

Go to solution
Oh and as for wise sage you BT can stick it in your pipe and smoke it.

There are ten types of people on this forum them that understand binary and them that don't.

As for me if you cut me in half it would say 'analogue'.

Good day to you sirs and best of luck warrenshaw22.

I think it rhymes with James Blunt! But I only thought it you can't say take a punt.
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 94 of 113

Go to solution
Oh you could always take the BT schilling. Like my neighbor.

£19.99 a month FREE internet.

What a deal I can hear you reading what's the catch you may ask?

You're not allowed to complain about your internet!

Great you might say.

Not If the person taking there schilling shares a line with you. Every time it goes off it takes mine with it.

It is not fair to GAG PEOPLE when it has consequences for other customers. But they do.

So I've got to phone Openreach tomorrow to get next doors line fixed to fix my line.

Try getting CS to do that. They won't I've tried.

warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 95 of 113

Go to solution
Thanks indeed for your input, I have put in official complaints with BT twice before, but if its over 1mb they don't want to know which is a joke. So no point in ringing them, that's why I wanted to see if one of the mods could assist
0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 96 of 113

Go to solution
If you lose sync more than 4 times a day you can complain and demand it's fixed.

Note more than 4.

4 resyncs and a PPP drop out don't count? Both cause dropped connections. Why?

I wish I could help more. Best of luck I had to fix my own.

After a long line of A/B/C/D list muso's mainly, footballers and general glitterati have walke into my workshop saying things like.

Why are you bothering with that pile of scrap .

At 17 foot long the only tune you'll get out of that is 50Hz

To. Sorry for bothering you can I touch it. Why? Dark side of the moon was the first thing to be recorded on it. Oh and by the way you're not touching the Abby Road bit that's Paris Marconi your touching.

So if I can with Blakeyboy build a 17foot 2 1/5 ton mixing desk in three years , from a 'pile of scrap' that has a noise floor below -70dB then you could say I am over qualified to fix my own internet but I still had to.

So unless I win the lottery James Blunt won't be up my street any time soon.

I would like to enjoy my retirement but I can't no Eurosport.

Hey Ho Have a nice day.

warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 97 of 113

Go to solution
Just for an update Paddy, wasn't aware it had to be a BT hub, so switched back to hub4 this morning so hopefully the settings you have applied will now sit. Was just enquiring is it possible to get your assistance in getting the contract cancelled with no fee, as have had 8 months of ongoing problems?
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 98 of 113

Go to solution

Hi @warrenshaw22,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection again and discuss a the best way forward. I've sent you a PM, with details on how to contact the mod team. Please can you also include a day time contact number and best time for me to call?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 99 of 113

Go to solution
Much obliged, thank you
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 100 of 113

Go to solution
I haven't heard back from the mods yet with regards to my request?