Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaddyB
Message 101 of 113

Re: Line reset yet again please

Go to solution

Hi @warrenshaw22,

I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you. Please can you let me know what would be a good time for me to call again?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 102 of 113

Go to solution
Sorry I missed you Paddy, I was on site, I'm on call 7 days a week so never sure when I'm at home! If it's easier you can drop me an email instead of on here , I think I passed it over with my info?
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 103 of 113

Go to solution

Hi @warrenshaw22,

Thank you for taking my call today. The connection has really improved with the Hub 4 connected. There has been no drop outs in the last 72 hours. With the connection speed staying around 3300 Kbps. The biggest improvement have been the reduction in errors on the line.

Please keep an eye on your connection over the next few days, if the problem reoccurs I'd be more than happy to take a look at this for you again.

Thanks

PaddyB

warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 104 of 113

Go to solution
Well lads, that's it, I finally had enough, the useless DSL is being used no more.
Got orange lights and disconnects yesterday and a mass of errors on the line, so our previous reason for the errors was obviouly not correct.
Went out this morning and bought a to link Ac750 LTE router and a smarty data SIM, totally unlimited , uncapped with no fair usage policy. And what a great job it is , my ping is less than my ADSL and now getting 27mbs down and 17mbs up!!!
At last, proper internet again. All routers are in the cupboard as I have had enough of this joke of ADSL for £25 a month, and refuse to use it any longer. Nothing but problems from the word go.
I had a meeting with the citizens advice bureau this morning and they said I am well within my rights to ask BT to cancel the services and should not be charged the remainder of my contract due to a very poor service and constant problems.
After 2 complaint emails having now been sent and no reply, I am again asking the mods to cancel this service with no charge to myself as per the advice of the CAB. If this is not done, I will then take it further with the proper channels to report BT and the misconduct. Could the mods please advise, thanks very much. You can feel free to email me if preferred.
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 105 of 113

Go to solution
What date did you sign your contract?
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 106 of 113

Go to solution
No contract ever signed, was house move done on telephone, as I mentioned before was a whole investigation into it because the operator told me a pack of lies.
0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 107 of 113

Go to solution
Ok, When did you move house? ie service transfer date.
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 108 of 113

Go to solution
September there, so about 8 months in
0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 109 of 113

Go to solution
Hmm, No rights under new rules. Contacts after Apr 19?

I've got 5 months to go. £112 now tapering £22/month cancellation fees. Free to get out of 30 days before contract end.

Doomed to be BT customer for 8 months if you won't pay £xxx ransom.

Jump ship, money no object, out of the frying pan into the fire.

If your line is as truly broke as you describe you're doomed.

BLACKLISTED I suspect.
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 110 of 113

Go to solution
Yes, I'm sure it will be a battle, but a battle which I'm am supposedly within my rights and I won't be walked over by a big company. Constant problems for 8 months is not a reliable service being provided.
Have everything well documented and copies of two emails to BT complaints which they are required to answer within 5 days, nothing yet and it's over 2 weeks.
If BT would prefer to pay thousands of pounds replacing coper lines around here to get a reliable service and honour thier side of the contract, they can work away. Or if they want to give me unlimited 4g SIM to use in the router instead for he remainder of the contract, that is fine too, otherwise they can do the legal thing and let me out of the contract, as they well should.
0 Ratings