cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 66

Re: Low Speed after apparent fix

if your connection drops on calls incoming and outgoing then you have a high resistence fault and you need an engineer visit to fix it.  without a stable connection your broadband will not improve.  go back to 151 and get engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 66

Yes it would as it sounds like a highb resistance joint and that can only be resolved by Openreach 

0 Ratings
designerjuice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 66

So my research tells me high resistence faults can't be picked up by call center tests?

What's the general process on fixing high resistence faults? As in, the engineer comes to the house and?

Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 66

the engineer can test your line from your home to find the bad joint and then fix it.  there are many posts on the forum similar to yours where the engineer has fixed the bad joint with signidicant improvement to the broadband connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
designerjuice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 66

Ok Thank you, I'll get an engineer out, my suspicouson on the enviroment could be a posibility as the cable litrually vanishes into trees?

I just read a post about cables rubbing, I'll report back if something comes up.

Thank you for the help

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 66

just post back after engineer fixes the fault and then see if stats can be improved once connection stable

0 Ratings
designerjuice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 66

Just a quick question, when i do the noise quality test with the router unplugged it sounds perfect, could it be the router that playing up? or even the adsl filter?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 66

if line is quiet when no router connected then I would try a new filter and if still ok then I would try and get router replaced as it is probably faulty

0 Ratings
designerjuice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 66

Update: The new filter did no difference, Im assuming its the homehub now so ill get one sent here if i can.

Any advice on where i can get one as i know if i call BT they will having me going through the lines tests again and again and probably say the 1mb download is what i should expect like last time.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 66

to get a replacement router you need to go to CS and explainyou ahve been on the forum and gone through all the test socket procdure and only thing left is faulty hub.  as long as you still in contract your hub will be replaced free 

0 Ratings