cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 37

Re: MODERATOR HELP REQUIRED - Broadband continues to reduce in speed over a period of months

can you repost your adsl stats and run btpseedtester and when first test completes ru the diagnostic test and post results.  should be able to see difference now noise problem fixed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 37

Re: MODERATOR HELP REQUIRED - Broadband continues to reduce in speed over a period of months

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Highlighted
annesley23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 37

Hi,

Please find below the results of the above request. Could someone please have a look at this for me and try and help to get the speed back up to what it used to be?

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

ADSL line status

Connection information

Line state Connected

Connection time 0 days, 5:31:09

Downstream 3,068 Kbps

Upstream 980 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI 0/38

Type PPPoA

Modulation ITU-T G.992.5

Latency type Interleaved

Noise margin (Down/Up) 6.5 dB / 5.9 dB

Line attenuation (Down/Up) 51.0 dB / 30.4 dB

Output power (Down/Up) 0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm

Loss of Framing (Local) 0

Loss of Signal (Local) 0

Loss of Power (Local) 0

FEC Errors (Down/Up) 200297 / 22

CRC Errors (Down/Up) 440 / N/A

HEC Errors (Down/Up) N/A / 90

Error Seconds (Local) 24

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 2.86 Mbps

0 Mbps4 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.86 Mbps  For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.  IP Profile for your line is - 2.71 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.78 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.78Mbps  Additional Information:  Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 37

are you connected to the master or test socket?

with your attenuation I would hope for 4.5mb connection speed but from your stats I cannot see how you are going to get there with noise margin already round about normal 6db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
annesley23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 37

Hi,

Im plugged straight into the master socket.

Mike.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 37

have you tried using the test socket with a new filter?

0 Ratings
annesley23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 37

Yes, swapped it when i first put problem on forum.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 37

if you are already connected to the test socket and not the master  then from your stats I can't see where you are going to get any faster connection speed.

do you need to use a phone extension cable to reach the test socket?

you can also check this post for things that can cause problems 
http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

0 Ratings
annesley23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 37

Hi, thanks for your help so far.

I don't use an extension anywhere. My broadband has always been a little up and down, but it has never dropped to such a consistent low. Why do you think this may?

In the past bt broadband have reset the ip profile which has always sorted any issues.

Any further help would be so appreciated as my current speed doesn't allow me to do much apart from browse the net.

Thanks.

Mike
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 37

there is noting wrong with your IP profile it is correct for your connection speed

Like imjolly I would expect a 4-4.5 mb connection speed but as your noise margin is as near its default of 6db there is no room for any improvement
0 Ratings