cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Mac OS X can't connect to HomeHub, even when HomeHub is fine with no problems?

Okay, Basically My macbook is the second laptop using our family HomeHub. what happens is that I'm normally using the internet, when the signal suddenly drops, and restarting the HomeHub is the only way I can connect to the network. There are no problems I can see with the Hub, and when I try and connect via selecting the network from the list, the connection 'times out' every time I click 'connect'. If I go through 'network preferences' it tells me there's probably something wrong with the information I have given, when I know it's all correct.

This is driving me up the wall - please can someone help??

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
midgetmadam
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mac OS X can't connect to HomeHub, even when HomeHub is fine with no problems?

I am having exactly the same problem!!! I am also sick of it. Mine also from time to time comes up with invalid password which I know isnt true.

I hope someone replies to this with a solution for us!!!

natters
Message 3 of 9

Re: Mac OS X can't connect to HomeHub, even when HomeHub is fine with no problems?

I am having the same problem aswell - it has been going on for weeks now and the only way I can stay connected is with an ethernet cable - ok for me - but my son is upstairs - and it kind of defeats the whole object of having wireless internet!

Numerous calls to BT haven't solved the problem either - hence the brick wall avatar - which is what I'm coming up against every time I contact BT

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 9

Hi Guys,

I actually came across a problem like this last night where the wrong IP address was showing in the hub for the MAC.  Factory reset seemed to sort it out so i'd give that a try, you can find the button on the side of the hub, you'll need a pin or something to get at it.  Hold down for about 10-15 seconds and try again.

If you have Broadband Talk handsets registered you'll have to hook these back up again.

Let me know how you get on.

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
coraljoey
Message 5 of 9

I am having a similar problem- my mac book pro can't connect to the HomeHub2, despite the fact there is full signal and other people can connect to it. I get a error message in Airport saying the connection has timed out 😞  any advice appreciated...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Hi I suggest you try CraigS's suggestion it may solve your problem if not please post back
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9
Moved:

0 Ratings
thefud
Message 8 of 9

I know this is an old thread but since its near top google result I'll post this possible solution.

Home hub 4 and 5 has 5 GHz network and some Macs get confused trying to connect to the 5GHz when its not supported. To fix this either disable the 5GHz network or disable syncing with your 2.4 ghz access point and giving it a different name. Both options found in your BT hub admin interface.

Connect to the hub via ethernet to change the setup.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

a good reply but the hubs in the post were pre hub 4&5 and those hubs did not offer 5Ghz wireless
0 Ratings