cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickouk
Contributor
Message 21 of 32

Re: Major/Frequent Broadband Issues for Past 2 months- engineer couldn't solve

1. Product Name: HomeHub4 2. Serial number: +076281+1634001263 3. Firmware version: v0.07.04.01235-BT (Type B) Last updated 13/3/2017 4. Board version: 01B 5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:17:34 6. Data Rate: 1220 / 572 7. Maximum Data Rate: 1216 / 18984 8. Noise Margin: 6.2 / 36.5 9. Line Attenuation: 9.2 / 13.0 10. Signal Attenuation: 9.9 / 15.1 11. Data sent/received: 4.0 MB / 65.0 MB 12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com 13. BT Wi-fi: No

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

@nickouk Your noise margin is very high which is the likely reason for the issues with your speed.  Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 23 of 32

Thanks Neil,

I'm leaving for work now but I'll do that when I get back.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

@nickouk no problem, we'll be happy to help you get this sorted when we get your details.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 25 of 32

UPDATE: As of this evening, it has randomly returned to a decent speed after two months of being terribly slow and unreliable. Could the factory reset of the router i did yesterday have had a delayed effect?

If it slows down again/starts to cut out, I will message you through the method you linked me to. I'll leave both this thread and that help form open in my browser for the time being.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 26 of 32

Hi Neil,

About a year ago, I was posting in this forum RE serious broadband speed issues I was having. At the end of this, I said that resetting the router seemed to speed it up for a matter of 12-14 days, after which the internet would frequently start cutting out again and the speed would drop. Resetting no longer helps the speed at all, which is once again cripplingly slow (i.e. Youtube videos struggle to play at 240p, downloads are happening at 6-10kb/s on my laptop and 40-45kb/s on my computer.

A year ago, you said I should click on 'click here to contact the mods' in order to give you my details so you could attempt to sort this problem out. I can't see that button, but I assume it's the same as the private message button on your profile. Is it still OK for me to message you and, if so, what details do I need to send?

Thanks

Nick

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 32

You need to find the contact mod link as private message does not get a reply

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 28 of 32

No problem, I'll have another look for it when he replies with what details I need to send.
Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

Hi @nickouk I'm sorry to see that you're having issues with your connection. The contact the mods link only remains visible for a short period of time so that's why you can't see it.  

Before we can proceed would you mind doing some diagnostics to help us better understand the problem.  Can you post your router stats and do a speed test for us and we'll be happy to take another look?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 30 of 32

Hi Neil, I have run the speed test from your link, after performing all of the steps requested. I got a download speed of 0.50mb/s, an upload speed of 0.31mb/s and a ping latency of 52.5ms. When I click 'further diagnostics', I got 'test error' and a message that the performance tester is unable to run a speed test for the connection.

My router stats are as follows:

1. Product Name: HomeHub42. Serial number: +076281+16340012633. Firmware version: v0.07.04.01235-BT (Type B) Last updated 13/3/20174. Board version: 01B5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:08:226. Data Rate: 444 / 5727. Maximum Data Rate: 1076 / 145208. Noise Margin: 26.2 / 26.49. Line Attenuation: 9.5 / 14.010. Signal Attenuation: 9.9 / 16.011. Data sent/received: 1.9 MB / 4.6 MB12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com13. BT Wi-fi: No14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub4-J32Q15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA & WPA2 (Recommended)17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub4-J32Q19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 n (up to 300 Mb/s))20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)22. Firewall: Default23. MAC Address: e4:3e:d7:3c:92:0524. VPI/VCI: 0/3825. Modulation: G.992.5(ADSL2+)26. Latency type: Interleaved27. Software variant: -28. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Wed Nov 12 11:47:59 2014)

0 Ratings