cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adeseye
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

My BT Broadband NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE!!!

Hello I have been having issues with BT service since 2weeks now, please read and comment below.

It all started on 13/01/2014 when I noticed my BT Phone line had problems, I could not use both my Broadband and Telephone line together since BT had problems.

I called on the same day to log my fault I was told I will be called back with an update on the fiix, a week after I have still not heard a work from BT adviser.

I called on 20/01/2014 I explained I could not use my telephone and broadband together, is either unplug my BT hub completely and plugging my telephone to make calls and receive or disconnect the telephone cord and plugging my hub to the socket for Internet service.

Series of test was done, eventually I was told it was not the telephone but the problem was from inside my property which I doubt. Because this is not the first or fifth time BT has problems and my hub refuse to connect or makes calls, eventually the adviser on the phone booked for engineers to be inn my property to check and repair if any faults where found on Wednesday between 9am to 1pm this was on Monday 20/01/2014.

I waited patiently for Wednesday, it was 3pm no engineer or call from BT. I called after waiting for an 1hour was anwered by a pakistan, I explained to the adviser about the booked appoint for engineer to visit my property for repairs.

I quote he checked and said there was no booked appointment for Wednesday for egineer to visit my property, after been on phone for 2 good hours. I was later told to hold the line and the adviser came back saying my appointment was cancelled due to technical issues, I was like WTF! I was really **bleep** at this time.

The adviser apologised and said my telephone and broadband will me monitored by the monitoring team by Friday 24/01/2014 I will receive a phone call at 11:30am from the team stating the fault and a fix for the issue, I knew this was just a delay tactic and definately NOTHING will be done at this point I have lost it and really disappointed with BT customer service and failure to keep appointments. 

I decided to play along and see what happens on Friday, it was Friday 1pm had passed no phone call from BT so called monitoring team. I called as usual was placed on hold for 30mins and was finally answered told the adviser about my appointment for 11:30am.

Guess what? No appointment was booked for Friday 24/01/2014 for 11:30am what da F***K??? First appointment was cancelled by there so called technical issue for Wednesday and now Friday nothing was booked or even documented about what took place on Monday and Wednesday disappointment whats wrong with BT customer service!

So what the HELL has BT advisers been doing after I end my call? Not bothering to document or book my appointments or care at all about the problems I have been facing for 2weeks?

At this point I was fedup of all what the adviser was saying promising to rebook my appointments which they cant even keep or rather effective book and follow up it actually happens, so whats the point of rebooking? 

I asked to speak with the manager of customer service of cause I was told he was on another line, I told the adviser to book a call back from the manager at 3pm.

At 3pm I actually received a call from BT 2nd level support stating there was no problem in my property that the fault is from my BT hub itself, he suggested replacing my hub with a new one and if that does not work he will go ahead and book an engineer to visit my property.

I had no choice than to just accept the suggestion because I just wanted a fix as soon as possible,  he placed an order of a hub to be sent to my home address and ended the call. I got thinking and wondering when this hub will be delivered so I decided to call BT customer service to get a like date when it will arrive.

an adviser picked and I explained all that has happened for the past week till present day, to my surprise previous advisers did not document all that has happened not only that the bt hub order that was placed on phone not long was NOT actually placed! MY GOD!!!!! I FELT GUTTED!!!! THIS TIME I HAVE LOST FAITH & TRUST IN BT advisers!

This time it was a lady that had answered my call she apologised for everything and this time I made her document every **bleep** thing! That has happened, she did series of test from scratch this time and confirmed there  was no problem with my telephone line and  the fault was my hub, so I was transferred to broadband department a new hub was booked to be posted to my address and I demanded for a reference number for this booking just to make it was actually done this time.

Right now am waiting for the hub to arrive latest on tuesday 28/01/2014 I will update this thread on the out come.

At this point I need advice from you guys, BT team or moderators here kindly advice.

Thank you.....

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: My BT Broadband NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE!!!

Have you tried plugging a microfilter into the test socket, then plugging your home hub and phone into the microfilter?

See this page http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/635

Also follow the full step by step diagnostics starting on this page.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9812/c/345,353

You need to eliminate any problems that may be cause by the wiring in your house, or the way you have things connected up, otherwise you could end up with a bill for £130.

0 Ratings
Adeseye
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I have tried all that, I even went ahead to buy a brandnew micro-filter still the same result. I got an engineer to have my telephone cable checked there was no problem with the telephone line.

I dont even care about the money am willing to pay I have booked for an engineer twice already and BT has failed to keep to there appoinments very disaapointing.

It was concluded by BT team that my BT Hub3 is faulty, which I dont believe because thats what am using to gain access to the internet. It could be possible, I was told I will be sent a new HUB today 28/01/2014 between 9-4pm I just hope they will deliver it and keep to there appoint because I have totally LOST FAITH IN BT SERVICE!

I will update this thread on my out come today.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

It could be the home hub short circuiting the line, and preventing the phone from working.

You will have to wait until you get the new home hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Adeseye
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

OKay I have received and plugged in the new HUB, Everything seems to be fine now. I can make calls and use my broadband while plugged in together.

So the problem was from the my old bt hub, probably faulty. I am just glad my nightware is over with bt for now until another issue arises in future.

0 Ratings